Apple Confirms Next iPhone Event for October 4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]jryan388[/nom]Sure maybe you can make a case for individual phones not being copycats, but the first true smartphone was the iphone. Sales numbers speak for themselves.[/citation]

Firstly: visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone for some facts. I know iReality is a little blurry through those iRose tinted glasses.
Secondly: Sales numbers prove nothing, all people do somethings that are not in their best interests, i know i do.

[quoteMaybe they should change the name of this site to iTom's

Somebody's taking major ad money from Apple, unless Tom's denies it .....[/quote]

Yeah, i stopped going to gizmodo because the wash of apple jism was getting suffocating, the articles are slightly more impartial here, though the one on cases for the unreleased iphone was a shocker.

These sites have i think forgotten what innovation really means, it certainly is not making something look pretty, or making it easier to use, that's just refinement. I've been around since the first PC's now they were innovative but there was less media hype then too, admittedly no interwebs and tech came in magazines on paper! who'd believe that?

skyjogger

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]jryan388[/nom]Sure maybe you can make a case for individual phones not being copycats, but the first true smartphone was the iphone. Sales numbers speak for themselves.[/citation]
you can say that but apple missed the first smart phone bus by about 15 years

[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]I'm not!! Because I don't buy copy-cat phones the sheeple buy!!
I'll buy the phone that set the market standard that is now copied by all!![/citation]
i like how you call the android phones the copy-cat, that's why all these 'new' features that are coming for IOS5 are just copied from android

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]I'm not!! Because I don't buy copy-cat phones the sheeple buy!!I'll buy the phone that set the market standard that is now copied by all!![/citation]
Who is copying who?
8mp camera? Been around for 3 years
Dual core CPU maybe? Already been done
Bigger screen? Every other phone for the last 2 years
In white? Still not innovating, keep clutching at straws
Err, because Steve Jobs says if I don't buy it a kitten will die? Now you are starting to "think differant"

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Sure they look alike a small bit, however, aside from that, they are entirely different phones[/citation]
Some people say I look a bit like Elvis
In the fact that we both have 2 legs and a head
That is the same reality that Apple lives in with it's legal comparison of the Galaxy to the iPhone

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

If you mean the first true smartphone made by Apple, then yes it's the iPhone. Ever heard of the Palm Treo or Blackberry? Heck if you want to yell copycat, then fyi the iPhone is just an improved version of every PDA and smartphone that has existed before it.

bloodlover

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
I still see the same debates at every new Iphone/Ipad/Ijunk released. Sad that some people still find it to be T3H B3ST PH0N3 EV3R !!

squidz66

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
[citation][nom]jryan388[/nom] Sales numbers speak for themselves.[/citation]

Congratulations for being loyal.
Billy Ray Cyrus's "Achy Breaky Heart" went to no. 1 in the charts. Sales numbers speak for themselves.

G

Stop thinking Apple invented everything...
They just marketed it well...

Just think of the poor foxconn chineese employees that live (and die) in cages so your iStuff is $5 cheaper.
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/foxconn-explosion-death-injuries-a05,news-11287.html

ex: "MP3"
-MP3 format released in 1993
-too hungry for realtime on PC until mid 90's
-MP3 player riopmp300 end of 1998
-first iPod 3 years latter at end of 2001

ex: "SMARTPHONE"
-ericson r380 wifi+camera+touch screen in 2000
-Nokia 92xx communicator in 2000 and 9500 in 2004
-PalmOS Treo in 2002
-first iPhone was released many years later mid 2007

ex: "Tabblet"
-Microsoft Tablet PC concept presented by Microsoft in 2001
-iPad in mid 2010...

G

Stop thinking Apple invented everything...
They just marketed it well...

Just think of the poor foxconn chineese employees that live (and die) in cages so your iStuff is $5 cheaper. (search foxconn here and see how much blood you have on your hands)

ex: "MP3"
-MP3 format released in 1993
-too hungry for realtime on PC until mid 90's
-MP3 player riopmp300 end of 1998
-first iPod 3 years latter at end of 2001

ex: "SMARTPHONE"
-ericson r380 wifi+camera+touch screen in 2000
-Nokia 92xx communicator in 2000 and 9500 in 2004
-PalmOS Treo in 2002
-first iPhone was released many years later mid 2007

ex: "Tabblet"
-Microsoft Tablet PC concept presented by Microsoft in 2001