Apple Copies Xbox Live/PSN for iPhone OS 4.0

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dante01010

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Microsoft copied so many things from Apple since their foundation, why they can't something from MS ?..however, i don't thing this is a good idea, Xbox interface is crap and boring

G

Wasn't it Apple who was the one that was always bitching about Microsoft copying off of them? Hypocrites.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Copying... Well it is certainly in the same direction as though other gaming networks but wouldn't you just claim Xbox live as copying Playstation Network as copying Steam? Steam came first, then the rest. Unless I see replica UIs that look the same as the competitors, then yes that is copying.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Pfff, how about you asking developers how crap Android is first? Java apps against native code, that's the first mistake Google did. Secondly, their virtual machine is not even stable and too many different devices make developing on android for independent people a pain. Did I mention how even google people have no clue about some serious stability bugs on their own devices? So yeah, that's why developers stick with Iphone, same resolution devices, just a few devices that are extremely similar, native code, kick ass gpu. And to everybody complaining about Apple refusing applications and charging 30% of the app price you have no idea what mobile games developing and distribution is. With Apple store, you no longer have to deal with stupid carrier rules and stupid DRM implementation because some low life carrier wants his stupid API used, there's no fee on application submission like Brew who charge 1000$ for a second submission after an application failed. You don't have to implement rotate if you don't want to and other stupid stuff, making developers concentrate more on the actual game instead of taking care of stupid rules and so called ergonomics, or having to port the game on every stupid phone every idiot made since the beginning of time.[/citation]
I don't think you could know less about the subject if you tried...

G

I don't know what to say. Really. But I suppose I will use this feature if it's anything like XBL/PSN. Nothing innovative here, but convenient so it seems.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dan117[/nom]/careI wish Android had more games...Developers need to realise that Android will beat the iPhone (more features, lower price, not made by Apple etc.) and make more apps and games for it.[/citation]

Gameloft stopped developing for Android because the sales on Android were like 400 times lower than on iPhone.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Yup, they totally invented social game networks. Seriously? Have you not played an online game 10 years ago? More factual articles please.[/citation]

Um..where exactly in the article does it say Apple invented social gaming networks? it doesn't. The first commenter said it as a joke.

Seriously, there's one thing to cry foul about the amount of Apple news on Tom's, it's quite another to totally make shit up in your head as you're reading it.

Tell you what: the next time you see an article about Apple, do me a favour and don't click the link, OK?

G

Where was that filter which doesnt display Apple articles? I think I need to activate it.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Copying... Well it is certainly in the same direction as though other gaming networks but wouldn't you just claim Xbox live as copying Playstation Network as copying Steam? Steam came first, then the rest. Unless I see replica UIs that look the same as the competitors, then yes that is copying.[/citation]

You mean Playstation Network copying XBox Live, right? XBL was out well before PSN was, starting with the first XBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.