Apple Delays International iPad Launch by 1 Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
So far I haven't figured out a use for tablets, except for one. In car entertainment.

How often does this happen to you? Drive around town, looking for something to eat but can't find anything. I am too cheap to pay for 3G or EDGE so I have to usually do things ahead of time. But what about those situations where your just out of wifi/3g/edge?

3G iPad! Dash mount the bastard and now you have on-the-go internet for $15 a month. On top of that, you can use it for navigation, playing music, watch music videos, hell even play a few games! Of course I'm a freeloader so all these extras are free.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
This sounds like the yellow screened Macs that were delayed due to "overwhelming demand". I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was trying to fix the iPad problems and blaming the delay on high demand...

radguy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
I had an unplanned trip into my local bestbuy where I found out they don't have any instock. I overheard the sales associate talking about driving an hour and 20 min to another bb to get one. Said something about getting a freind to buy it for him as there was a 60day limit for employees. (I was trying to see how long it took to load some of my more frequent websites cause personally I still think even with the A4 its pretty slow)

As an iphone user I really like the device but can clearly see the high stakes robbery associated with it. With tax its 540 plus a case which is a must I would want a screen protector excel and word Your at 600 before any other useful $10 books or apps.
With the cost and the economy why would there be a shortage?
I mean not even 3 years ago people paid 499 for an original iphone and its loosing its support with os4.0. Will people ever learn. I paid 199 for my phone and just like this its slow and will only be slower with os4.0. Not paying more than 349 for this.

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
[citation][nom]rsud[/nom]A runaway success it is.iPad = the internet from your couch.windoze zealots faced again. boo hoo...[/citation]

But not all the internet.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Unless you're like 90% of canadians who live within 600km of a US international crossing[/citation]
Unless you have ever crossed the US/Canada border before, either by plane or car.
You'll have to pay me $500 to ever talk to a American customs agent again.

G

It's already well reported that every damn store in the USA has plenty these things in stock.

This is an obvious marketing ploy to try and create a "must buy before they run out of stock again" rush for a product which actually isn't achieving anywhere near the unit sales they expected it to.

Badly played, Apple.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
There was an article on CNET saying that Israel is seizing iPads at the border and won't allow them into the country at all since it hasn't received approval to be sold there yet. Could this be part of the delay?

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Anyone with a brain can see through the obvious hype interlaced with Apples statement regarding the delay. I can imagine the brainstorming session behind that statement: "how can we tell the international market that they will have to wait a month and at the same time put a positive spin on it, resulting in even more products sold..." Here's how: "Although we have delivered more than 500,000 iPads during its first week, demand is far higher than we predicted and will likely continue to exceed our supply over the next several weeks as more people see and touch an iPad." and..."Faced with this surprisingly strong US demand" They launched a product and didn't think demand would be strong? what a bunch of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.