Apple Engineer Warned Jobs About iPhone 4 in '09

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
"Apple made no comment on the report and would not make Caballero available for an interview."

That's cause Cabellero is "quielty" being "talked too" and will most likely "resign". Based of course on Apples record of how they deal with negative feedback and/or reports.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]Well if they knew that in advance why didn't they pre-duct tape it?[/citation]
Because Steve Jobs knows what is best....
[citation][nom]hellknight_mnd[/nom]ANd.. now the engineer is gonna get fired...[/citation]
Most likely, considering that this comment will probably being going against some kind of a confidentiality clause in an employee contract.

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
aww come on peepz... i dont own an iphone 4 but this thingy is ruining whole of Apple..

P.S. I dont own a single apple product

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Of course, Steve Jobs knows what's best for his followers. He has all the answered if they just spend money and make him even more filthy rich. Must be good to be god of a religion.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
depends on how the information got out. now if he was on the prodject and just submitted a document about a possible reception problem and another employee leaked said document then i don't see them having legitimate grounds for dismissal ... oh wait it is apple, yea he'll probly publically apolgize and resign

singlesamurai

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
He's doing this to save himself... he was bound to get fired anyway after Apple had to confirm the antenna issues and this is his way of making sure he'll be able to get another job after this. Who would want to hire an antenna engineer after they made this big of a mistake?

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]Well if they knew that in advance why didn't they pre-duct tape it?[/citation]
Hey, they will do it in iphone 5. This will be their new breakthrough technology! Addressing all reception problems. :p

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Can't anyone read anymore? Caballero did NOT leak the info, someone else did.

Last year, Ruben Caballero, a senior engineer and antenna expert, informed Apple’s management the device’s design may hurt reception, said the person, who is not authorized to speak on Apple’s behalf and asked not to be identified.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
It's not so much the "I told you so" part. It's the fact that Apple can never be wrong.

Heck the reason I like microsoft more is the fact that they admit when their products go sour. Apple can never admit to a fault. As far as I'm aware they still say it's a "software" problem?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Heck the reason I like microsoft more is the fact that they admit when their products go sour. Apple can never admit to a fault. As far as I'm aware they still say it's a "software" problem?[/citation]

YOU got to be kidding!? MS admits no wrong.

- IE flaws
- Vista
- Windows in general
- Xbox360 RROD

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]YOU got to be kidding!? MS admits no wrong.- IE flaws- Vista- Windows in general- Xbox360 RROD[/citation]
Somebody, quick, call the whaaaaaambulance!
This fanboi's on fire!!!

G

You know its funny how much Apple can screw up and yet nobody cares. I have always said Apple priority is design and engineering comes last.Maybe they should spend more time testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.