Apple Facing Increasing Claims of App Store Fraud

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]Buying an Apple product is already a big fraud. A U$120 bill-of-materials +manufacturing cost would sell for U$800.00, thats a rob, and now buying from apple store steals more![/citation]

Please link me to the product you are describing. Have you noticed that no matter how much their profit is off one product, people will continue to purchase an Apple item. In most cases, they have set the standards for the products they build.

For example, look at how many tablets have came out since the iPad. The amount of ultra books since the Macbook Air. The HP envy and how much of a clone it is of the unibody Macbook Pro.

Take your ignorant comments and go elsewhere.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Seriously, this hardly a phenomenon of Apple alone and actually has very little to do with Apple in themselves.

More ammunition for the trolls and droidfags.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
OSX's "security" is through it's comparative obscurity to Windows. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't OSX an even less protected platform than Windows and it only seems more secure because there is less malware written for it?

@Willard

Let's not forget the eBook collusion that Steve Job's did with some publishers. We only heard about that a few days or weeks ago form the legal system, but it seems that Amazon has been going on about this for a while.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Seriously, this hardly a phenomenon of Apple alone and actually has very little to do with Apple in themselves.More ammunition for the trolls and droidfags.[/citation]

Apple is probably the single greatest fraudster of the tech industry. That's saying a lot because Apple is way ahead of even Rambus, M$ ,FB, Google, etc in this crap. Sure, they all pull things they shouldn't, but Apple is easily the worst of them all. Besides that, you're being just as derogatory to Google product users in defense of Apple. I'd say that that's a fairly hypocritical and ignorant way to fail at making a point.

Also, if someone uses Apple's products for malicious acts against Apple's customers (or Apple does the acts themselves anyway), then it's still Apple's fault for not fixing the problem and helping the victimized customers. In fact, Apple just lets the fraudsters get away, so I wouldn't be surprised if many of the frauds were in fact done by Apple directly or indirectly.

Also, if Apple gives ammunition to their opponents, then why is it wrong when that ammunition is put to use? Apple gave us the gun and the ammunition after wronging their own customers and you honestly want us to just let it rot?

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Apple is probably the single greatest fraudster of the tech industry. That's saying a lot because Apple is way ahead of even Rambus, M$ ,FB, Google, etc in this crap. Sure, they all pull things they shouldn't, but Apple is easily the worst of them all. Besides that, you're being just as derogatory to Google product users in defense of Apple. I'd say that that's a fairly hypocritical and ignorant way to fail at making a point.Also, if someone uses Apple's products for malicious acts against Apple's customers (or Apple does the acts themselves anyway), then it's still Apple's fault for not fixing the problem and helping the victimized customers. In fact, Apple just lets the fraudsters get away, so I wouldn't be surprised if many of the frauds were in fact done by Apple directly or indirectly.Also, if Apple gives ammunition to their opponents, then why is it wrong when that ammunition is put to use? Apple gave us the gun and the ammunition after wronging their own customers and you honestly want us to just let it rot?[/citation]

The single best reason Toms needs moderators, unadulterated tin foil hat ranting.

Personally I just embrace all technology, instead of this rabid ranting against a company no worse than any other.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]Not happy with robbing the customers thru their iCrap prices, now they're outright frauding. Way to go Now Apple may want to sustain the common bullshit that says iOS ain't vulnerable to viruses or hacking. Oh wait.[/citation]

+1.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]boineg1[/nom]They should focus on patenting the anti-suicide nets over at Foxconn[/citation]

LOL. Instead of paying the employees more money and give them raises, their solution is to spend money on suicide nets.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
down votes ahoy

this isnt fraud.
this is someones account getting hijacked (not hacked)
you have to be kind of stupid to get hijacked in the first place, but ill let it slide.
you have to be really stupid to call apple and tell them fraud, not my account was hijacked.

see, hijacked is the phishing method, hacked would be actual work goes into getting your account.

now, lets go about this in a more or less smart way.
force your users to have a 10 letter password, with at least 1 number. that way its almost impossible to "hack"

i mean i dont like apple i hate them, business practices, how they treat their customers, and what they did to the industry (pretty and thin war over function and durability)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]down votes ahoythis isnt fraud. this is someones account getting hijacked (not hacked) you have to be kind of stupid to get hijacked in the first place, but ill let it slide.you have to be really stupid to call apple and tell them fraud, not my account was hijacked.see, hijacked is the phishing method, hacked would be actual work goes into getting your account.now, lets go about this in a more or less smart way.force your users to have a 10 letter password, with at least 1 number. that way its almost impossible to "hack" i mean i dont like apple i hate them, business practices, how they treat their customers, and what they did to the industry (pretty and thin war over function and durability)[/citation]

forgot this last part.

but this is anything but fraud.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]The single best reason Toms needs moderators, unadulterated tin foil hat ranting.Personally I just embrace all technology, instead of this rabid ranting against a company no worse than any other.[/citation]Yes, because unaccountable censorship would clearly be a better idea. Burn the books - even the digital ones.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]The single best reason Toms needs moderators, unadulterated tin foil hat ranting.Personally I just embrace all technology, instead of this rabid ranting against a company no worse than any other.[/citation]

The point is that Apple IS even worse than other companies. I could go on about any other company, but Apple simply did more things to rant about. Don't fault me for stating what they did that was wrong, fault them for doing wrong so that someone had to say something about it. Had they not done/allowed anything like this then they would have praise instead of insults and accusations.

G

This POS company has a breach somewhere. I had a card that only apple knew the deatils to. Surely after linking the card to an iTunes account and buying two apps, I was hit with this. I tried to withdraw money from my card (debit mastercard) to buy something and was unable to. As it was a weekend, the banks were closed. I checked my statements online and found 5 transaction all $200-300 dollars in regards to games from other countires and acne products. Yes. My deatils where in the hands of a stay at home, greasy, teenage gamer.

I headed to the bank to open a fraud case. Long story short. My cards are now cancelled and unlinked from this company. I have been told that this has happened to a myriad of people by the bank.

Sorry Apple. I spent $1000 AU on your 4S (with fricken yellow screen that you refused to fix. - That I needed to jailbreak in order to mask the problem) and this is how you repay me? By stealing more money?

Unethical.

POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS