Apple Files Patent For In-App Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
wait wait,

what would a trial of an app be, then paying for the full version inside the app be?

Do they also want to patent money?

And I'm pretty sure scammers had previously invented applications that purchase things since the beginning of the internet.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Do they even know what an application technically is and how many applications have been doing this already for many years? I guess common sense isn't wireless (for iphone users).

:)

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Apple should definitely not get this patent I created such an application in 2007 which allowed in app purchases, this is way to general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
In other news: Apple has issue a patent for the movement a hand does while taking money out of your wallet, this patent includes when taking your credit/debit card as well.

The patent will also include when a person or robot is paying using a touch screen, a mouse and/or a keyboard.

In other related news, I have patented the middle finger "gesture" towards Apple(S).

G

This is why you don't see small startups turning into the next Apple, MS, or IBM anymore. Companies are allowed to "own" these trivial, obvious "innovations" for 20 years, and then sue or buyout any newcomers before they could ever make it big.

A wise man said "Before Regan took office, companies had an equal obligation to their shareholders, their employees, and their customers. Now, it's only about the shareholders." You can thank Wall Street, the lobbyists, and Republican buzzwords like "free trade" and "deregulation" for the new corporate feudalism we live in today.

Chapman7

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
onehitxzibit couldnt have said it better. This is completely out of control and its going to (if not already has) prevent companies from releasing better tech for us consumers.

jwcalla

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
[citation][nom]Lord_Libby[/nom]This is why you don't see small startups turning into the next Apple, MS, or IBM anymore. Companies are allowed to "own" these trivial, obvious "innovations" for 20 years, and then sue or buyout any newcomers before they could ever make it big.

A wise man said "Before Regan took office, companies had an equal obligation to their shareholders, their employees, and their customers. Now, it's only about the shareholders." You can thank Wall Street, the lobbyists, and Republican buzzwords like "free trade" and "deregulation" for the new corporate feudalism we live in today.[/citation]

Right... because start-ups like Google and Facebook never went anywhere. It was definitely much better in the Rockefeller days. And what does this have to do with Ronald Reagan? The article is about Apple here. Apple and Apple fans have their own political inclinations and go off and do their own things.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I will say this first; before bashing Apple, bash the original patent that was issued. Second; though some of you younger folks might not remember" the term "share ware" used this long, long ago. No one should be able to patent "a way to purchase". Amazon has a "software" application running its store front. I purchase items via this application on Amazon each time I order from them. Same for every online merchant. Void the original patent, and then don't be stupid enough to issue a patent on purchasing in the future. If VISA came first can they sue MASTERCARD for allowing online purchases via their credit card? "Oops sorry MC a lawsuit maybe coming! Scratch the wallstreet protest. Protest the US patent office!

G

@ Lord_Libby: Of course an idiot liberal who has no concept of what drives business and innovation would blame Republicans for silly patent filings. You're also plain wrong. Apple, MS, IBM had there major growth period under Regan. Since then, companies have emerged to compete like: HTC founded in 1997, Google founded in 1996 Facebook, twitter etc.!!! They contradict your poor attempt to make it seem like opportunity doesn’t exist for up & coming business.
Too many companies are engaged in these stupid patent practices because the government has not reformed a stupid patent system in over 50 years, both parties get credit for that failure. But bad patent laws have nothing to do with Wall Street, lobbyist, free trade, regulations etc. so if you’re going to rant, at least make it relevant .

G

[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]Wonder why Apple has not patented the frase "Byte Me" ...[/citation]

I think that'd be a copyright, but what do i know?

I think Tom's should create a new section on the homepage specifically for "patent" articles. There's enough of them daily to warrant it.

This article, like many of the patent articles, is just depressing. We won't ever see a Presidential Candidate use Patent Reform as part of their campaign unfortunately. Too many sheep just don't care about anything except immediate gratification.

Status
Not open for further replies.