Apple found Guilty of Patent Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

antacid

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
I know it's fashionable to bash Apple (and I've had my fair share of this fun), but I have to side with them on this one. There does seem to be a fair amount of "prior art" on this patent claim, and what isn't covered by prior art most certainly is an obvious and non-novel use of computer technology. It's too bad Apple couldn't convince the jury of this.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I gotta agree with antacid. This falls under a process and this patent should not be valid. Though it's irony because Apple has their fair share of process patents that fall under the same category.

Still that doesn't make this one right.

G

Apple's profit is still nothing to USA's 12 trillion national debt :D

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Apple's profit is still nothing to USA's 12 trillion national debt[/citation]

yeah we're fucking screwed if china tries and call us out for what we owe... of course everyone in their right minds know there would be a global catastrophe if something like that happened

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
lol americans are already fucked, china now has an excuse to nuke the shit outa you americans. Ask for money: you pay, alright, now you're poor. You don't pay? We get to nuke the shit outa big B.

Yea anyways, just wondering, why the heck would the court write down "$19,009,728"? wow an extra $728, w00t I'm rich now. I can nearly afford a 965 :D

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]lol americans are already fucked, china now has an excuse to nuke the shit outa you americans. Ask for money: you pay, alright, now you're poor. You don't pay? We get to nuke the shit outa big B.[/citation]
Considering how much trade we do with China, nuking us would be pretty stupid for China's well being. Hell, the whole world economy would take a huge dive even further into the shit hole.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Patentland at it's finest. More revenue is generated by litigation, than by innovation. I already pity all those poor lawyers, which will remain jobless, when the economy will finally collapse.

When the main american export article (USD, beside weapons and profiteering wars) is of no more need, then the police states of america will be really screwed.

@tindytim What "trade"? PSA is almost purely debt economy. When the party nomenclature won't get it's "well being" share anymore, kiss your cheap slave workers goodbye, and say welcome to your deep "shit hole". The world economy will have it's biggest benefit since Bretton Woods, by getting rid of parasites.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Ya know, it's about time Apple took a hit with these patent infringement lawsuits. Microsoft has been getting pounded with these on what seems to an every other week basis.

Do these guys even check the patent offices anymore? They'd save themselves alot of grief if they just hired a small team (about 4-8 people) to check their tech against already existant patents. Then they could make small negociations with the companies rather than getting slapped with a lawsuit

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]ossie[/nom]The world economy will have it's biggest benefit since Bretton Woods, by getting rid of parasites.[/citation]

Is that why the world's economy suffers when the US's economy suffers? Maybe if the world didn't leech as much off the US, then when the US's economy suffers, the world's doesn't?

Although perhaps if the US didn't spend billions and billions per year in foreign aid, then when the times get tough, it's economy wouldn't suffer as bad either?

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
The more the legal process is abused, the more I realize just how worthless it is half the time. I try to be optimistic, but god damn it's hard to believe in the legal system with all these patent issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.