Apple iPhone Event Supposedly Happening September 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
^otacon: you don't even know what Android is, but you can't help from trolling it a bit, can you?
You couldn't find a model to make you happy, and that's why you need to change phones every year. Maybe you should try a different platform, because iOS will keep being the same bore.
PC gaming still rules, and the fact that you claim the pace of changing technology as a reason not to PC gamer only proves how little you understand tech. Console gaming is factually limited by the slow pace of evolution, hence it is rendered obsolete the very next year one new generation appears. In PC gaming all one needs to do is upgrade the specific component that aged in order to play the latest titles in all their glory.
But, that takes some tech knowledge, something you don't really have. Q.E.D.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
/yawn. Wake me up if they actually can compete with the hardware for instance Samsung provides in their phones nowadays. The first iPhone was great and a real marvel but from there the competition have gained and now seriously surpassed the Apple offerings, the brand is loosing appeal and that is what Apple have left when they seem to be unable to compete on a hardware level (iphone 5 anyone?). Doubt they will ever make that iPhone one feat again and its easy to see the investors seems to realize this as well - The stock value is prof enough for that. Like i said - Wake me up if they have something noteworthy...

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
wonder if they will release the iwatch soon, supposedly samsuing is releasign thiers with the unveiling of the note3, I would love to see both released to compare... also hope it is worth uppgrading my sony smartwatch to it.

jabarumba

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
The Intel Developer Forum is Sept. 10-12. Apple will probably release the updated Pros with Haswell. The iPhone and other iProducts are only of interest to fanbois. Unless they have something special lined up, expect an Intel Inside announcement.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
^house70: I use both iOS and Android, I also develop for both... I just got the new N7 (2013).

What otacon72 says about Apple resale is true - Every Macbook I've sold has held it's resale value, the same goes for the 2 year old iPhone 4 - $275 on ebay right after I purchased the 5.
Second, the excuse that Android is being updated so much is a double edged sword.
Android needs to be updated as 2.x and 3.x were awful and clunky - the interface needed project butter to match iOS - Tough pill to swallow but I use both and it's true.
4.2 - 4.3 has had little HUGE improvements vs iOS 6 - 7 - Each year iOS updates and there is little fragmentation vs Android (unless you purchase Samsung or Nexus devices).
While I love Android for flexibility and choice, it's far from perfect and putting down iOS makes you a troll - Each has their own benefits.

darknate

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
sundragon

heres a description of ios and apple. everyone wantsto bag on android for fragmentation but when one phone gets an upgrade to say ios7, the lesser phones dont get all the features. so ifthey dont support all the features then can it really be called ios7? when an android phone doesnt support feature in android it gets security updates and and then soldiers on as it is. how many people have updated ios and not recieved all its features and then have their phone slow to a crawl because of poor optimizations? apple covers their fragmentation but naming all the major updates with whole numbers and though version of it are the complete update.

as for trolling, you bash that too but all you did was put down android and did not post one negative aspect of ios. if you want to bash trolls, dont keep your post s one sidedwhile doing it.

as for me, call me what you want, but my lgog with cm10.1 has converted lots of (former) apple fanboys when they saw the light.

Algernon Ex

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
Otacon72, you forgot a simple little rule of marketing. Allow me to educate you. The reason why Apple products have a high resale value is not because they are technical marvels or are in any way superior to the competition (hardware or software wise). Actually that's quite the contrary, now. They were in fact more innovative, but that ship has gone particularly now that the innovative drive of Apple is gone (oh yes, that Steve Jobs fellow).

The reason why Apple products have a high resale value is because they are 1) exclusive and expensive; 2) a status symbol; 3) supported by a large, mostly deluded fan base.

What do you think will happen to these value drivers when Apple doesn't come up with anything significantly new soon and when even your average Joe will be able to afford an iPhone (the cheaper, plastic version)? How exclusive and high-status will Apple customers feel when everybody can buy an iPhone?

Trust me, initially expanding down will help Apple, but in the long run this will kill the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.