Apple: Jailbreaking iPhone Could Crash Cell Towers

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]What is it that people want/need so badly that they must jailbreak a phone? I've had a cellphone for years and the thought has not crossed my mind once.[/citation]

the ability to use it on another cell network is the big reason, as well as being able to install non apple approved apps. If your a app dveloper you can also then make custom apps that access parts of the phone not allowed by apple. like for instance, before the recent updates, cut and paste

G

hackers will hack whether ur iphone is jailbroken or touched by the feet of the great con artist steve jobs. dont give shit excuses.

compulsionnra

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Yeah... cause all the custom homebrews for windows mobile enabled everyone to avoid paying for service. Apple is made up of a bunch of greedy ####ers. The app store is complete crap. I should be able to download and install any app I want, FOR FREE... just like in windows mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS