Apple Launches iTunes for Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

batkerson

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Although I personally dislike iTunes and the (evil) Apple empire, I'm glad to see our neighbors to the south being treated properly. I've never understood -- meaning it's really bugged me -- that "we", whether individuals, businesses, or politicians -- treat Mexico differently than Canada, for example. They deserve to be equals in this hemisphere, IMO. SOOOO it's about time for Apple, but kudos for finally acknowledging Mexico and the wonderful Mexican people.

carcanal

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
damn right!!! i´ve had my itunes account since it started. Im a music fan and if possible like to buy my music and like it or not itunes is the best way to do that. Sure i wish the artist got a bigger share that the music companies but at least they get something. I didnt file share till i moved to mexico because of the fact that we were ituneless. If you think 99 cents is bad you should see what some of the monopolies here tried to charge for downloading music which just leads to more piracy. So yeah i dont have to jump through all kind of hoops buying card in the states to use my american account here.

GenKhan2

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
iTunes is a horrendous software package. The pricing, when converted to USD is pretty good from a US view. On the other hand, average income in the US was on the order of $50K per year in 2008 but only about $11K per year in Mexico. So the songs should actually cost $0.22 (2.89 pesos) to maintain parity. Huzzah, for 4x pricing! Isn’t iTunes great, Mexico?

G

Hello everybody, first things first ITRENDSLAVE YOU ARE A F$!*ING IDIOT AND A RACIST

I apologize to everybody else for that, and well actually i think that the itunes is not going to be a hit here because it's a little bit expensive like GenKhan2 was saying it's going to have a market but nothing as big as you have in the US, specially since the price for the cd is around the same (120 pesos), also here in Mexico City you can buy pirated cds full of mp3 for 10 pesos(less than 1 dollar) outside (and sometimes inside) subway stations, street markets and around the corners of many strets, and the people that usually buys the cds in a legal manner can buy them for the same price and the creating the mp3, I actually think that is the reason why they dalayed the creation of the Itunes Store for so long

itrendslave

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
[citation][nom]oneiros2001[/nom]Hello everybody, first things first ITRENDSLAVE YOU ARE A F$!*ING IDIOT AND A RACIST[/citation]

Ha! An idiot? Probably. Racist? Check the dictionary. Clearly it was a joke about Mexico being a "developing" country. Nothing to do with the Mexican people. I'm a "countryist" or something... I could be the first, though I'll need to verify that with Guinness.

P.S. Learn to use periods instead of looking like an idiot by making an 8+ line run-on sentence/paragraph.

G

Have a question, I have the iPad, bought it in Canada but live in Mexico. I have a Canadian iTunes account and was wondering if I can buy Mexico iTunes cards in pesos and use them to buy from my Canadian store here, will they convert. Hope someone can help me with this

Status
Not open for further replies.