Apple Makes Huge Changes in iOS 7; Skeuomorphism Dead

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasek

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Wow! my first thought was: Welcome Apple to the world of Android. Even the wallpaper looks like one taken from Android.

Gasek

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Wow! my first thought was: Welcome Apple to the world of Android. Even the wallpaper looks like one taken from Android.

arsiano

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
The "new" icons remind me a lot of the Windows 3.1 color scheme and icons - simple and very 80's. The layout of the icons remains as old as the first iOS from 5 years ago - I guess the "innovation" couldn't go any further than that. But I'm certainly happy to see Apple is catching up to Windows 3.1...

Gasek

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008

chierr

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Cooper. true that Peggy`s blurb is really cool, last tuesday I bought a great new Fiat Multipla after having made $6086 this-last/five weeks and a little over ten k this past month. without a question it is the nicest-work Ive ever had. I began this four months/ago and almost straight away started earning more than $70... per hour. I use the details on this web-site> ---- GRAND4.ℂom(CHECK THIS OUT)

chierr

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
If you think Peggy`s story is really cool,, four weeks ago my friend actually earned $4944 just sitting there a sixteen hour week from there apartment and their classmate's aunt`s neighbour done this for 4 months and brought home more than $4944 in their spare time on their labtop. follow the information available at this link> ---- GRAND4.ℂom(CHECK THIS OUT)

Frank Shore

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I believe both aesthetics and functionality are important.

I am both right and left-brained. iOS 7 is really the worst of both worlds.

I hate iOS 7 and flat design. We live in a 3-D world, not Flatland. How many people wear digital watches? Analog faces look so much classier. This is something engineers, Android users, and left-brained people will never be able to figure-out.

iOS 7 reminds me of bubblegum pop music. It looks like it was designed for clowns. It looks like it was designed by a 7 year-old girl in MS Paint for 7 year-old girls. It evokes Prince's Raspberry Beret. Or something a flaming queen would proudly carry.

There is nothing

Frank Shore

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
THE POISON APPLE
I believe both aesthetics and functionality are important.

I am both right and left-brained. iOS 7 is really the worst of both worlds.

I hate iOS 7 and flat design. We live in a 3-D world, not Flatland. How many people wear digital watches? Analog faces look so much classier. This is something engineers, Android users, and left-brained people will never be able to figure-out.

iOS 7 reminds me of bubblegum pop music. It looks like it was designed for clowns. It looks like it was designed by a 7 year-old girl in MS Paint for 7 year-old girls. It evokes Prince's Raspberry Beret. Or something a flaming queen would proudly carry.

There is nothing "executive" or classy about the new iOS 7 interface.

It is juvenile, sophomoric, and cheap-looking. It looks like a clown costume, not elegant or black tie.

Look at the old camera icon versus the new camera icon.

The letters and characters are hard to read.

I think Steve Jobs was brighter than Johnathon Ives.

I like functioning in an environment that I am comfortable in, one that resembles a real world environment, not a totally abstract environment.

Aside from everything iOS 7 just plain ugly. Some icons have color, many are plain white, still others are grey. It is a hodge podge of incongruent, contrasting, garish, clashing designs with no common denominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.