Apple Moves Over 300,000 iPads on Launch Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]dwave[/nom]How many iCrap news articles can we get in one day?[/citation]
apparently, not enough. Welcome to the new church of iEverything.
toms iHardware.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
If you're still waiting for other articles, wait for about 1 week, when this iFad will go away.
Will believe this is an objective site when I'll see as many articles about each and every tablet/slate that comes to market. I mean, each of them should get about 10 articles/day.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
That's it? After all that hype, all the needless "news" articles, the celebrity and TV plugs, after analysts were estimating 600k-700k sold,after the "over 200k pre-order", they only sold 300k INCLUDING pre-orders? Seems really low to me, not that the device deserved any of the attention it received to begin with.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
A condensed version of all the recent news on the iPad would be nice, but you really can't fault THG trying to provide you with relevant tech news. And regardless of your stance towards Apple products, the iPad is relevant tech news.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
To reiterate my prediction made earlier after Apple announced their "revolutionary and new tablet system that is unlike anything before and will change the entire market" (paraphrased and extrapolated from previous Apple launches ever since their iPod made them a marketing success rather than a niche closed computer system manufacturer):

1) Everyone will be all excited about the product and say it will be a "must have" device

2) The specs will slowly leak out. People will start talking about the flaws, it being overpriced, and it sucking (since Apple basically said they couldn't make a decent netbook for the $500 price, this should not be a surprise...)

3) People might start to realize that this is not a "revolutionary" device that will change their lives, but just another electronic device they'll have to tote around and plug in.

4) Apple will start up its marketing campaign. They will use any and every outlet to build hype, and look for positive reviewers to provide the product to.

5) The product will be released. Through Hip-Apple-Advertising goggles (kinda like beer goggles), and hypnotic glow of the bitten-into Apple, people who long dissed netbooks as underpowered and pointless toys will rant and rave about the power of this device with even lower specs than a good netbook at the same price point.

6) Even if people do become disappointed with the device, they'll keep it because it:
a) Makes them look and/or feel hip and young and attractive
b) They realize all their software is through the Apple App store, all their music through iTunes, and all their possessions are now subject to the arbitrary whims of a company that has already showed it is fickle with how they treat software vendors...

Recently added was:
7) Web sites who depend on ad-generated revenue will post everything they can about the iPad so as to pull traffic to their web site, and the web will become saturated with this new fad... feeding the zombie hordes who fall for the tricks of industrial psychologists.

(PS - if you don't think Microsoft, Google, and basically any other company doesn't aspire to the same tricks, they you've obviously forgotten the first and primary duty of a corporation is to make a profit for its shareholders... not behave ethically or honestly with consumers.)

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
The world is iCrave for Apple news. You can't help that almost every tech news sites are reporting Apple news and TH is no exception.

Keep doing great job Mr. Yam

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Newsflash for those of you who can't read. Tom's Hardware is a hardware site. iPad = hardware. If you get so annoyed by reading about the newest tech item out on the market just don't click the links. It's not that hard. If you are so much of a fanboy that you can't even stand to read about the iPad don't click on the links and then seek help. It would be poor reporting to NOT be talking about the iPad considering it JUST launched.

If you want to read about how awesome Microsoft is and nothing else a hardware site such as Tom's Hardware isn't the place for you.

afciscoguy

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
100% with MDillenbeck and Tayb...

I've said it before, Microsoft, Google, IBM, AMD, Intel, all of them (save for Asus) can care less about Apple and it's fad toys, as they target people who want the latest and greatest, not really into IT or anything further...

I mean who else lays down that kind of cash for a device that shuts down when it's over 95 degrees?!

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Apple could care a less about Microsoft, Google,IBM, AMD, Intel cause they have the King daddy of devices and when it's all said and done Apple will own a majority of the tablet market and all you Window's fadboys can Suk it............

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Newsflash for those of you who can't read. Tom's Hardware is a hardware site. iPad = hardware. If you get so annoyed by reading about the newest tech item out on the market just don't click the links. It's not that hard. If you are so much of a fanboy that you can't even stand to read about the iPad don't click on the links and then seek help. It would be poor reporting to NOT be talking about the iPad considering it JUST launched. If you want to read about how awesome Microsoft is and nothing else a hardware site such as Tom's Hardware isn't the place for you.[/citation]

The point is that suddenly there's about 10 iPad-related articles rapid-fire, and between this and the Fermi release, hype for stuff like this is getting ridiculous, and it's especially annoying to fans of alternative hardware vendors, because they're not being shown anywhere NEAR the same coverage.

Welcome to "Hardware Religion" .... I wonder of Jeff Dunham will get his Achmed puppet to do "You like Apple ? ....I kill you" .... you like Intel ? ....I kill you" .... "you like nVidia?... I kill you".

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
[citation][nom]MDillenbeck[/nom][SNIP..] 7) Web sites who depend on ad-generated revenue will post everything they can about the iPad so as to pull traffic to their web site, and the web will become saturated with this new fad... feeding the zombie hordes who fall for the tricks of industrial psychologists.[/citation]
Adbloc + Noscript + 1

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]miloo[/nom]ipad feast~ i really dont like the thick frame, it look so outdated~[/citation]

It's called the bezel. And yes, it's huge. And yes, it's ugly. The whole damn thing is ugly.

The thing just looks like a big digital photoframe, and I'm wondering why no one else is pointing this out.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Apple could care a less about Microsoft, Google,IBM, AMD, Intel cause they have the King daddy of devices and when it's all said and done Apple will own a majority of the tablet market and all you Window's fadboys can Suk it............[/citation]

Why are you even allowed to post this garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.