Apple Moves Over 300,000 iPads on Launch Day

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

if you're not an apple fan, you're a pc fan. and that's just as gay, homo.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Apple could care a less about Microsoft, Google,IBM, AMD, Intel cause they have the King daddy of devices and when it's all said and done Apple will own a majority of the tablet market and all you Window's fadboys can Suk it............[/citation]

You are on a custom hardware site (ie: PC).

How can you even read this on your iCrap pro shiny screen?

Now Narcissus, GFTO and take your iFail with you.

drethon

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
What ever else you have to say about the IPad, Apple sure does a good job of cranking out hardware on release day...

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
I got to configure one today. Its not a bad little tablet. Its quite fast and very easy to use. I want to try out the HP Slate and the Notion Ink Adam too and see which one is better. I do think Apple has reinvented the tablet market and instead of having your desktop OS with touch capabilities, they've expanded on their phone OS with the iPad. My prediction is still that Apple will dominate the tablet market in less than a year, probably around Christmas time. I'm also betting that they will drop the price in time for the holidays.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]That's it? After all that hype, all the needless "news" articles, the celebrity and TV plugs, after analysts were estimating 600k-700k sold,after the "over 200k pre-order", they only sold 300k INCLUDING pre-orders? Seems really low to me, not that the device deserved any of the attention it received to begin with.[/citation]

Also includes "deliveries to channel partners such as Best Buy". So how many were actually sold on day 1, maybe 10k?

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]fr0stza[/nom]300,000 stupid people[/citation]

I don't get it...people here are slamming Tom's for posting Apple hardware articles...it is called "Tom's Hardware." So, why does everyone assume that it is a Windows/Linux based site only? Even if you do not like Apple, they have been very innovative when it comes to computer design.

Also, with all of these sales money is pouring into a very weak economy. The Apple stores have had long lines of buyers...this means more hours for those working, more revenue for the store, more local tax dollars, etc. I would hope that people would drop their personal bias and support anything that is good for the American economy. Even though I have no use for the iPad, I like to see American companies coming out with products like this.

G

Its not even 300k sold. Its 300k shipped to retailers, who then still have to sell them, and also includes the preorders they shipped through their site.

What was the real number sold, /shrug, significantly less.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]dfgdef[/nom]Its not even 300k sold. Its 300k shipped to retailers, who then still have to sell them, and also includes the preorders they shipped through their site.What was the real number sold, /shrug, significantly less.[/citation]

Say what? You did not read for comprehension. 300K were sold. Yes, some were pre-ordered, but the fact is that 300K were sold in the US in one day. The data is provided on several different sites.

To answer your question of how many were really sold? 300k.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]Say what? You did not read for comprehension. 300K were sold. Yes, some were pre-ordered, but the fact is that 300K were sold in the US in one day. The data is provided on several different sites.To answer your question of how many were really sold? 300k.[/citation]

Wrong, 200k+ were sold before the launch as preorders. Many more were shipped to retailers. The remaining represent the number actually sold on the first day.

It would be more accurate to state that they "shipped" 300k on the first day.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Seems really low to me. I'm assuming the first 50,000 went to hobby bloggers and test reporters. 100,000 went to people wanting to resell it on eBay. And then the rest sold to people who will experience serious buyers remorse. Oh I just bought half a laptop at full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.