Apple OS X Yosemite's Data Collection Is No Big Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
...but your privacy hackles are probably best raised elsewhere...

Or how about no? For a company that makes umpteen billions on rehashing the same old tripe over and over again, why in the fucking hell does it need to monetize my usage of a computer I already gave them thousands for?

Turning the option off is irrelevant. Even being an opt-in is irrelevant. There is no worthwhile use for any of the data they're collecting other than to somehow target me for promos, ads and other bullshit they can make money from.

No reason whatsofuckingever.

TNel

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
Google does it and it's the end of the world, Apple does it and we have to just calm down.... right. Do Apple users really not understand why people think they are brainwashed?

suau

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
“Our business model is very straightforward: we sell great products,” Cook writes. “We don’t build a profile based on your email content or web browsing habits to sell to advertisers. We don’t ‘monetise’ the information you store on your iPhone or in iCloud. And we don’t read your email or your messages to get information to market to you.” Tim Cook, WWDC 2014. Well, he didn't say we don't scan your computer and Spotlight isn't strictly web browsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.