Apple Patents: Mobile Fingerprint Scanner

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbq

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
My 2003 HP iPaq PDA has a fingerprint scanner integrated into the design already. What makes this special other than its on one of the other "i-devices"?

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
The fact that it can be embodied into the bezel, with no embelishes, whereas other devices with fingerprint scanners, such as the Motorolla Atrix has the body deformed in some way to allow the hunk of poop to exist.

Also, I think most fingerprint scanners nowadays are swipe. I think apple is going for true fingerprint recognition, unlike the current-gen "scanner" type of fingerprint scanners.

xzvxzvwetwet

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
My Life is so lonely .How about you? I need a man who can love me back. Recently, I join a serious interracial singles dating site on__ MīxedŚingle. ℂoм___ I just find my true love here, so I I strongly recommend this site . It’s specialize for sincere singles of all races, bringing together singles. The common interest will help make dating easier and more effective. If you are single, try a try.
xcnbcnxnc

Status
Not open for further replies.