Apple Releases iOS 4 Update for iPhones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I am De-jailbreaking to install this.

never use any of the jailbreak features anymore except for an extra column, but with folders i don't need to worry so much about running out of space now.

mkyam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
It's been how many years for them to finally introduce multitasking? Frankly I see no reason to be excited. Oh no..it has a new wallpaper!

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]mkyam[/nom]It's been how many years for them to finally introduce multitasking? Frankly I see no reason to be excited. Oh no..it has a new wallpaper![/citation]

Frankly, I don't think you researched the capability of Apple's multitasking.

There is much to be excited about, iPhone users have waiting for this to be done right ... and it is finally here.

The original iPhone did not have the power to run multitasking, and neither does the 3G (I have one). The first real phone from Apple that had the potential to support MT was the 3Gs ... so why would Apple release an update to cripple the iPhone and iPhone 3G?

They did it right. Get over it people.

mkyam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
True, iPhone users (sadly) have to wait for so many years for this multitasking. Jailbroken iPhone users have been enjoying it (and you can argue and side with Apple that it's finally done right or whatever).

I see nothing wrong with multitasking with backgrounder. If the jailbreak community can work around apple's blockade to enable multitasking, I don't see why Apple itself cannot implement it in some ways before this.

To their credit, they did it now. But that's all to it, a 'new' function that I already have years ago in my JB iPhone. Yay!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Sounds like a decent update, will have to download it when I get home. No matter how much better it makes my phone, I'm still getting an Android when my contract is up (12 months left :( ).

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Hello "multi-tasking" so lame... none of my apps do jack with it yet. And it isn't even true multi-tasking. it closes out my apps when I switch away from them so it basically is just a shortcut now since I have to start the app up again each time I go back. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.