Apple Releases iOS Updates for iPhones and iPads

Status
Not open for further replies.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Didn't Apple release a software update that improved signal strength a year or two ago? Isn't this the 'bug' they are fixing now...

pelomixa

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
When are they going to freaking put a click-to-top in mail so we dont have to scroll up every time we open the mail app? I mean seriously?!?!?! WTFFFFFF

pito

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]pelomixa[/nom]When are they going to freaking put a click-to-top in mail so we dont have to scroll up every time we open the mail app? I mean seriously?!?!?! WTFFFFFF[/citation]

Actually just like in Safari when you open your mailbox if you are at anywhere other than the top, you can click the bar on top of the screen (tap the time) and it will take you to the top of the page........

You are welcome!!!!!

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Awesome, the apps is not responding, page not refreshing and it still show 5 signal bars. A phone call unexpected termination but the signal bar is still show good old 5 signal bars.

That will make our Apple Fans feel better!

David the Gnome

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
[citation][nom]twu[/nom]Awesome, the apps is not responding, page not refreshing and it still show 5 signal bars. A phone call unexpected termination but the signal bar is still show good old 5 signal bars. That will make our Apple Fans feel better![/citation]
Actually you are less likely to see a full 5 bars with the new formula. If you look at this article on MacRumors (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/15/apples-signal-strength-display-changes-in-ios-4-0-1-and-4-1-detailed/ ) you'll see that the range for the 5th bar is actually smaller than it used to be. The new formula doesn't "improve" the shown signal strength, it actually shows a truer signal strength.

Basically the new formula no longer hides AT&T's shoddy network. It now shows it for what it is. This will do nothing to make people's iPhones look like they get a better signal, it will actually look worse in a lot of areas. It does, however, give you a better idea of how good your signal really is instead of how good AT&T wants you to believe it is.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
OOoooh, taller bars means better reception!? WOW!!!

It looks like iJobs is looking to fool iSheeple with pointless iFixes.

This is exactly the reason why I have kept my 3GS. In fact, I mostly regret upgrading to 4.0. Typing is stupid slow now... and that's probably a software limit just to make me think the iPhone 4 is an actual improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.