Apple Releases Two New Siri Ads Starring John Malkovich

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney

i don't know what's more disgraceful: sam jackson being apple's bitch, or tomshardware.

this is news?

lol

derkman

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Apple invented voice control. This is worthy news.

Sometimes I think Tom's Hardware post useless Apple news just to mess with us.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]jakes69[/nom]Why is apple trying so hard to make Siri looks cool. Having a conversation with a phone is stupid.[/citation]Yep. There was something just sad about this commercial

G

If Tom's keeps up with this Apple advertising crap I'll probably stop visiting.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]If Tom's keeps up with this Apple advertising crap I'll probably stop visiting.[/citation]
so do i, i already know a couple of hundred coworker who already got fed up with apple crap in toms and move to anandtech and the likes.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]If Tom's keeps up with this Apple advertising crap I'll probably stop visiting.[/citation]
You'll be missed.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
You can see how many children or mentally childish people visit this site. No, Apple did not invent "Voice recognition" but being a person that utilized the voice control on Windows for a very long time, it made mistakes after mistakes. Simple things like me saying "umm" would screw it up, it wouldn't even recognize me saying "Listen" half the time. It just plain sucked, but I continued to use it because it was the only voice recognition there was that was "decent".

Then came along Siri, I thought "great, another voice control". It is much better, it understands and even knows to ignore words like "umm" or "uhhh". It is constantly being trained to understand by millions of users as oppose to just you "training" your computer.

Siri is revolutionary because of how effective it is. How close it gets what you say, how it chooses and ignores. It is in no way near perfect, but it does the trick.

And back to the childish thing - You dislike Apple products, woopee, good for you. You remind me of fucking cave men, "Grrr you use different stick then us, beat man who uses different stick, what we use is always better, if you no use we hate"

Grow the fuck up. People enjoy Apply products, I use the Ipad and the Iphone. Both are simple to use, they have their flaws yes, but its smooth interface and ease of use is what i'm looking for. Not a skippy jumping laggy interface, non of that shit, I want my phone to just do what its made to do. I also use an awesome Gaming rig with Windows 7 and have an Android Tablet as well, I find myself using the Galaxy tab a lot less because when you swipe the interface its choppy. There is a lot more customizability with it but when it comes to tablets, I just want it to do what its made to do properly.

My computer? It'll never be an Apple computer. I build my own systems and I use them all the time for gaming, work, school, etc. Apple products can do all that - BUT - isn't great at Gaming nor is it customizable, so I stick with 7.

Point here is, grow up, people use what they like. What the fuck makes you so mad that someone uses an Apple? Is it because you think they're being brainwashed?

If they're happy with the fucking product then how are they brain washed? It does what they want it to do and it keeps them happy. Or is it because you can't afford it? Is it because you want to be "Different" from the crowd thinking Apple users are like sheep?

Fucking paranoid idiots. Everyone is different, the faster you learn to accept that the faster YOU... YOU will stop having problems with other people, which makes YOUR life that much more bearable.

Good day, and these commercials sucked. Because once what he said is over, thats all you'll do with the phone, you'll put it back into your pocket.

m3tric

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Apple is trying way too hard on these commercials. I face palmed at both videos. Both my parents own iPhones and they never use the pointless Siri after the initial 2 hours of amusement wore off. Truly an overhyped useless feature.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
LOL, the bias and hypocrisy on the forums is so ridiculously obvious it's funny :)

If Google came up with Siri first for Android (and they are making their own version) Would you guys being saying the same thing?

LMAO

You cry fanboi for people who love apple but you are just as bad if not worse for being hypocrites.

Bring on the thumbs downs :)

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Lots of Apple haters here! You guys are really annoying, just like the real Apple fanboy. Maybe you all should leave this site and don't come back again. I enjoy reading comments from people who are open minded and know how to admire new technology and creations, not some narrow minded/hearted haters who think they are tech people...

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]LOL, the bias and hypocrisy on the forums is so ridiculously obvious it's funny If Google came up with Siri first for Android (and they are making their own version) Would you guys being saying the same thing?LMAOYou cry fanboi for people who love apple but you are just as bad if not worse for being hypocrites.Bring on the thumbs downs[/citation]

Okay, done... -1

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]Lots of Apple haters here! You guys are really annoying, just like the real Apple fanboy. Maybe you all should leave this site and don't come back again. I enjoy reading comments from people who are open minded and know how to admire new technology and creations, not some narrow minded/hearted haters who think they are tech people...[/citation]
Please tell us what is to admire in these ads; please, do tell.

I thought so...

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Well, it is supposed to be showing off the natural language processing of Siri, but he gives one word, rather vague commands.

Also the Siri voice is really annoying.

They put these adverts up to fanboy bait. And you guys bite... every time.

G

[citation][nom]house70 aka lonely kid that gets picked on A LOT[/nom]
Please tell us what is to admire in these ads; please, do tell.

I thought so...[/citation]

Anything in the ad that has an Apple logo, as it was an original design and not blatant theft like your precious Android!

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]newsHa11[/nom]moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneyi don't know what's more disgraceful: sam jackson being apple's bitch, or tomshardware.this is news?lol[/citation]

Yea when I saw Sam in that ad (who at that point was arguably the coolest guy on the planet) I just kinda started to look at him different. I started to see him less as Mace Windu and more Jar Jar Binks, less Jules Winnfield and more Brett. Although I did like the hotspacho part.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]house70criesALOT[/nom]Anything in the ad that has an Apple logo, as it was an original design and not blatant theft like your precious Android![/citation]
Blatant theft eh?
You mean like the Apple logo from the Beatles, the GUI from Xerox, the iPod menu from Creative, the iPhone name from Cisco?
That kind of blatant theft or different?

Status
Not open for further replies.