Apple Replacing Overheating iPods in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
This is a known issue with aging batteries. As battery age resistance builds up via heat when being recharged. Apple's widsom of not making battery user replacable annoy the users who want it fixed and usually have to either ship the unit in or visit the local Apple store.

When my 5.5th gen iPod's battery due die I will order the battery replacement kit far cheaper and faster what Apple charge.

I also have the 3rd gen 32gig iTouch which is only a couple of months old. Hopefully in three years or so it'll be easy to replace the battery myself. I might even switch to Zune before then.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
iPods suck. They sound like crap, and they are totally overpriced. And I really, really, really hate it when people refer to PMPs in general as "iPods".

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
How are they still in business!! They're like the Toyota of electronic products yet Apple will just forge ahead with another new untested product.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Are the batteries in Japan different than the rest of the world? Or is the Japanese government just more concerned for its citizens?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]iPods suck. They sound like crap, and they are totally overpriced. And I really, really, really hate it when people refer to PMPs in general as "iPods".[/citation]
OMG I hate it when people do that too. I am always correcting people, letting them know it's music player, media player or PMP NOT A FREAKING IPOD!!! If it's not made by Apple it's NOT AN IPOD!!!

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]OMG I hate it when people do that too. I am always correcting people, letting them know it's music player, media player or PMP NOT A FREAKING IPOD!!! If it's not made by Apple it's NOT AN IPOD!!![/citation]
I agree. This ticks me off so much. I think I'll need a Popcicle to cool down. I heard my mom is making Jello for desert tonight. I guess I'll just take your comment to the Xerox machine down the hall. Kleenex anyone? Oh no! You could just Velcro the iPod to their face every time they say that Apple product name... I need a Band-Aid to make it better... Perhaps if I print out this thread I can use a Hi-Lighter on the annoying posts...

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Apple admitting they did something wrong? Pigs must fly...[/citation]

They never admited to anything. The Japanese just forced them to change the battery and I bet it cost the same to change the battery as just giving them a new Nano does.

Plus they will take the old Nano, replace the battery and sell it as new. Win Win.

randomizer

Distinguished

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genericized_trademark

Strangely enough, at least here in Australia, department store brochures usually differentiate MP3 players and iPods in the list of items excluded from sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.