Apple Said to Be Developing Smart Watch with Curved Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]iPod Nano with a wrist strap... OMG innovative.[/citation]
I remember seeing a video of some crazy guy implanting magnets into his wrist and wearing his iPod Nano like a watch, lol.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
There's been so many smart watch implementations over the years I'm just going to take a wait and see attitude. For example, the Microsoft Spot Watch did not do very well in the market, partly because it was so unfashionably huge, like a Fred Flintstone sundial.

ryan5609

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
It doesn't matter anymore. Even though Apple will be very late to the smart watch game, people will still flock to it and call it the best thing ever. It will probably look like everything else they produce and have an iOS inspired interface,

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I look forward to wearable tech, i only own an ipod 160 gig (still imo the ipod classic is the best stand alone music players made) i prefer my android phone and droid tablet, but one thing apple does right is marketing, if they cna market smart watches and google can bring out google glasses i would be happy to have both... though i would prefer a droid based smart watch,

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
weren't apple fans bashing samsungs curved phones a month ago? now it's probably the most innovating thing they've ever seen, completely invented by apple!

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]brandonjclark[/nom]I know Apple seems late to the smartwatch game, but that won't stop them from patenting the idea.[/citation]

Patenting protects the innovations a) you designed some fresh new concept or b) by updating an existing concept or idea with new or updated design or function. So again, if they are updating on a current idea, why wouldn't it be in their best interest to patent it?

If you think a business is suppose to be your friend then you obviously don't understand business at all.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]NightLight[/nom]weren't apple fans bashing samsungs curved phones a month ago? now it's probably the most innovating thing they've ever seen, completely invented by apple![/citation]

What is there to bash? Business is business. If there is an ability to profit from said technology why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.