Apple Stalls Launch of iPhone 4S in Many China Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
"Σαν τις μύγες στα σκατά." Greek for: We're broke, we screw world markets because we collapsed our own economy and now we're here to offer advice to others... Here's some advice your Jewish neighbours might offer you: save money! GO GREECE! :p

slybadabing

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Wow, Apple is soooooo disorganize !!!! unbelievable !!!!!

They all want a single product, willing to just line up ouside without never enter the store to buy it, but instead, those weirdozz of apple (well paid) VPs (to take so weak decisions) decide to close the store , turn people out (with no solutions of the problem, sic..a single product !!!),and damage the brand worldwide !!! decisions like that talk by itself, just amaze how well they are willing to pay people to manage a single-simple problem, so badly. EGGS !!! that is because of sooo bad management.....and the master jerk in charge of thiss mess will have is bonus...sic and resic

that is an E- ..... for Business Management .

Meatymutawings

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
[citation][nom]maziar321[/nom]How later is toms with this story? My god...[/citation]

its only two days late, look on the bright side, two days is pretty good for toms.

Pyree

Distinguished
I suspect the shop's staff bought and keep all the phones themselves and are reselling them in the black market in China which can fetch them a ridiculously high price to earn money.

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
"The crowd reportedly did not take it too well, and demanded the doors to open, yelling "liars!" Police support was required to restore order when eggs hit the windows of the store. Apple, which has mastered the art of hyping its product, was chastised by Chinese market researchers."

It just makes me wonder what is going through the minds of Apple's cult followers. Blindly following something, supporting a company that makes outrageous quarterly profits for its executives through outrageous overpriced ordinary products; all in the name of believing that their products are the best in the world just makes me sad.

It's just a phone! If it's not available, come back the next day when they have it. There is really no need to shout and yell calling others liars and throwing eggs at their store if they refuse to sell you the iPhone 4S. If you're dying to have one, just get an iPhone 4. They really aren't that different or even better - it's no myth that there are phones out there in the Android land that would make your shiny new iPhone 4S look like a plastic toy. Don't be afraid to broaden your horizons.

rolled

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
@egidem
it has nothing to do with whether or not we're talking apple products or not. Clearly the story is about poor apple retail management and the fact that customers waited all night in winter weather to get their hands on a product they wanted. It's the same for American black fridays or any other release you can think of. When this sort of thing happens, you blame the retailer, not the customers who have camped outside the door for 24 hours...

devinsmit

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Really now, who just happened to have eggs with them to throw at the store?[/citation]

maybe they were farmers on their way to sell the eggs at market to pay for their iphone 4s

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]egidem[/nom]"The crowd reportedly did not take it too well, and demanded the doors to open, yelling "liars!" Police support was required to restore order when eggs hit the windows of the store. Apple, which has mastered the art of hyping its product, was chastised by Chinese market researchers."It just makes me wonder what is going through the minds of Apple's cult followers. Blindly following something, supporting a company that makes outrageous quarterly profits for its executives through outrageous overpriced ordinary products; all in the name of believing that their products are the best in the world just makes me sad.It's just a phone! If it's not available, come back the next day when they have it. There is really no need to shout and yell calling others liars and throwing eggs at their store if they refuse to sell you the iPhone 4S. If you're dying to have one, just get an iPhone 4. They really aren't that different or even better - it's no myth that there are phones out there in the Android land that would make your shiny new iPhone 4S look like a plastic toy. Don't be afraid to broaden your horizons.[/citation]

you never waited outside in freezing cold promised something, than having it taken away, the people at this store are lucky no one got killed by that mob,

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Nothing justifies the peoples response to this. I can understand them being disappointed and frustrated but this is sadly showing how extreme consumerism attitudes is capable of making people do extreme acts.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Lol at the idiots/AppleFag who queue up hours just to get disappointed & went rage throwing eggs.

Given the same scenario, I wonder, if I ask them to do the same thing on donating money charity community(queue up hours/went rage when cant donate money). Does these people will do the same thing?

sp00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
The majority of the people on line yelling liars are scalpers who travel very far to be the first on line to buy up the whole lot and sell them at a high premium. They were willing to get violent with regular customers to make a buck.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Oh yeah I forgot, I guess besides its time for Apple to sue these people for throwing eggs, since suing someone else is their favourite.

G

One person buying 15~20 iphones, then sold for doubled price. The same thing happened even before the official release of iphones. American release sold in China for 1500USD.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Conflicted right now. I hate consumerism, but at the same time it helps keep the economy afloat. Not that the Chinese economy needs a boost right now, but the sad thing is that I can picture something very similar happening in the US.

What is even more impressive is how much hype the phone is getting. Granted it was all started by Apple, but they didn't really market it any more or less than the next cell phone manufacture. Apparently if you build a product people really like, you can create a self-generating, self-sustaining hype machine. Impressive.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
More iCrap propaganda being spread by the MSM to cause the clueless masses to think that the drm infested iPhones are actually a worthwhile product to own.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]I thought Apple retail stores were the black market...they already have the phones ridiculously over priced and make huge profits.[/citation]
And exactly how much cheaper are android phones? retail or under contract?
Yes, you can get a cheapo plastic low powered android for $50 or free or you can get get an ipohone 3S or 4. I'd take the iPhone in a second. Geez, take your head out of your you-know-where.
Man, you droid-heads complain Apple fan-boys. But the android supporting bigot posts sound a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.