Apple Store Gets Burglarized for $24,000 Worth

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]lassik[/nom]That's about 4 Macbooks then..[/citation]
actually, i customized a macbook pro and maxed out every price i could going through the upgrade, and it was around $22,000. so its possible they just got one :)

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Anonymous Apple Minion: Sir, we just lost $24,000 worth of merchandise from one of our stores.

Steve Jobs: No worries, we'll get back the money from purchases in the iTunes store made by those that end up with the products, and we'll also make more money once we torture Foxconn to make the iPad 2 for the manufacturing price of a Shuffle, MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

kencolestud69

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I live close to where that happened. I cracked up so hard because the county I live in Illinois is actually really nice. I would have never thought someone would be that stupid to rob a store located in a city where there are cops patrolling like bees for drunk drivers.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Azimuth01[/nom]The police were "driving by and noticed" that the store was broken into? This is apple for crying out loud....your telling me that the apple store security systems are not tied into a central service to let local authorizes know when an alarm is going off?[/citation]

Likely it was hooked up on a ihpoone hanging wrong in its holder... =P

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
They should have an inventory sheet. Find what was stolen. Can't they trace the mac address? If they ever access the internet. Shazaam. Right?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rajangel[/nom]They should have an inventory sheet. Find what was stolen. Can't they trace the mac address? If they ever access the internet. Shazaam. Right?[/citation]

The mac adress is so simple to change that anyone with even basic computerskills can do it, its like having a ID where you can put in any data you want as long as it keeps the base format

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]decepticon[/nom]That's not a word but "Burglarized" is.[/citation]
I think he is getting at the fact that the word that should be used is "Burgled", whereas "Burglarized" is not, by definition, English. The use of the word is an Americanism.

You can tell Apple is an American company, they view technology the way America views the English language. They take something that already exists and say they invented it.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]You can tell Apple is an American company, they view technology the way America views the English language. They take something that already exists and say they invented it.[/citation]

This :D

I don't know how Apple will ever recover from those 4 Macbook Pro's that got stolen though. It's a sad day.

TemjinGold

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Wait, why is Crimestoppers offering $1000 for info leading to arrest here and FIVE thousand for the other dude who's one laptop got stolen?

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]maybe the security is guarding it wrong...[/citation]

lol maybe the security guard is guarding it right... Let's see $16,000.00 a year securing the place, or $24,000.00 from Ebay... hmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.