Apple Store in Georgia Turns Away Farsi-speaking Customer

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ok...this might sound rude but it don't really care...if someone wants service then they should learn that country's main speaking language...if this customer lives in the US she should learn the english language

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I still think the whole thing is funny.
1. The salesman is not a detective and could only be held liable for shipping to Iran.
2. who speaks Farsi? Ohhh the clerk was a native of Iran. this part is funny to me
3. GA the state is backwards as can be attested by there terrible standardized test scores. 3.5 GA history lesson: they were a penal colony then a slave state. Just changed from there rebel flag in the last decade
4. I am from NY and lived in GA for 10 yrs. Athens is fun and the rest just sucks unless I am vacationing in the Golden Isles.
5. the ATL has the worst traffic in america also. fyi

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]fudoka711[/nom]Correct me if I'm wrong, but if its against the policy of Apple to sell its products to people from those nations...how would that work when purchasing something online? What's stopping them? And yes, we're assuming someone actually wants to buy one of their products.Funny how Apple doesn't support communist nations and also singles out everyone of Iranian descent even though we know not all Iranian's are terrorists. All the while Apple makes over 50% profits off their iPads which are made in China under grueling working conditions and pay (no matter what any committee tells us...its way worse than it would be if it were manufactured in the USA, Canada, or Europe).[/citation]
They told to Sabet she can buy ol bc she's the US citizen.

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]dizzy_davidh[/nom]Being from the UK it may sound strange to US and other international folk that it sounds very odd when someone says they are 'anything' - American, as in Cuban-American, Iranian-American etc.Outside the new-world migrants aren't routinely (or ever) labelled with their ethnic history and their citizenship details. I would be an 'Irish-Britain' in that were the case and I've never heard of a 'French-German', for example.If you are a citizen of a country then that is what you are, ....."[/citation]

I wholeheartedly agree. Once you are a citizen of country their should not be any reference to your origin anymore. Unfortunately, until all of the government programs that have been specifically set up for these "classes" of Americans or whatever nation have been abolished, this blatant disrespect for nationality will continue. These programs are a slap in the face and racist against anyone that is actually 'American'.

Status
Not open for further replies.