Apple Sued Over Infringing Upon File Viewing Patent

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru_urug

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
This is what happens when a successful company starts thinking of itself as invincible...Apple had everything going for itself at the start of this year. Thought it was the authority in court. And had the power and money(undoubtedly) to sue and twist the patents in its favor. It generated a lot of hate from consumers, but apple kept that 'nothing can touch us' attitude. Its totally relying on its apple followers now cause this attitude has really pissed off a lot of people and not just geeks even common folk now recognize apple as a monopoly who aren't really as innovative and innocent as they call themselves. And they are just milking their same device in different sizes. Towards the end of 2012, I see many companies suing Apple, be it with their watch design or this now. Also with Apple maps fiasco I have seen people irritated with their strategy to just change screen sizes and adding new connectors. Are these cracks in invincible Apple....I think so. Never should a company think they are greater than the law and the masses.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Here's hoping the apple falls from the tree under the weight of mass infringement lawsuits. I've noticed that Apple has been making a few comments about how the industry "needs to work out the 'patent situation'". Funny how that comes now after the messiah jobs declared legal nuclear war on everyone else, and is finally getting a taste of their own medicine.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Devoteicon[/nom]Dammit, tom... quit feeding the trolls.[/citation]
It's actually the other way around. Tom is trolling the entire community by posting more Apple news, but the problem still persists: we need MORE Apple news. More hate! More soldiers! More business! It's propaganda and egotism like this that keeps business running and soldiers fighting. It's good that there are Apple haters out there, it makes people laugh at their hypocrisy.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i believe the patent should not have been granted in this first place. the idea of "sequentially opening and displaying files in a directory" seems so common-sense and does not add to anything worth calling innovation.

G

Seems like a case of failing to see the forest through the trees. Not a fan of Apple's arrogance but patent suits aren't doing us a lot of good no matter who they're against.

G

" believe the patent should not have been granted in this first place. the idea of "sequentially opening and displaying files in a directory" seems so common-sense and does not add to anything worth calling innovation." Agreed, but this fits most of Apple and MS patents, plus many of Apple and MS patents are based on previous "art".

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]sheepsnowadays[/nom]Its a good time in our sad world to be a lawyer.[/citation]

This. It seems our technology news is nothing more than updates of who is suing who these days.

unimatrixzero

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]i believe the patent should not have been granted in this first place. the idea of "sequentially opening and displaying files in a directory" seems so common-sense and does not add to anything worth calling innovation.[/citation]

Really, the same could be said of Apple's patents for rectangles w/ rounded squares and even it's "bounce back" effect animation.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
clear cut case of violations, ban OS X and 10.5 until it is removed from the application.
award fine on per application sold using said feature multiplied by 10.

should send a clear message to others to purchase licenses

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]pliskin1[/nom]I'm so sick of these meaningless software patents.[/citation]and yet, they are still allowed. if you have a software patent, you should feel bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.