Apple Sues Samsung in Japan, Seeks $1.3M in Damages

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infernuscy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
this is really getting out of hand , toms need to make a new website just for the laesuits - and we need to start makign bets which company and what for is apple going after .

stratplaya

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
Did anyone see that episode of South Park involving the church of scientology? Apple reminds me of that church and it's followers, sue! sue! sue!

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]bv90andy[/nom]I am not even talking about the UI the s1 looks a bit less then an iPhone, because of the visible buttons. I loved the thinness and power of the S2, but I don't like how it looks, and I won't pay 2 years for a phone with a copied design.[/citation]
Well if you consider everything small enough to fit in a pocket that has a touch-screen to be a copied design, then you might as well take it all the way: Ford was the first to start effectively mass-producing the internal combustion car, everything else must be a cheap copy. (anyone who has ever owned a Ford such as myself, knows how crappy they are, and understands the anlaogy)

Point is, non-Apple products are often better than Apple products in every way. Apple isn't trying to "protect their innovation", they're just trying to pick on the competition, even if it takes committing perjury (anybody going to prison for that, btw?). Apple is the only one doing anything illegal.

G

South Koreans: "Ok, the mission... we're going to invite Apple to our wonderful capital city and have a nice sit-down and a party so we can work these things out. When they all pass out from the drugs, we'll bag em up and drop them off a few hundred miles north of the DMZ. Got it?"

G

I'm patiently waiting for Micro$oft to jump in and sue Apple into the Stoneage....
Didn't M$ do a touchscreen tablet back in 2005 ? or did i imagine it ?
Surely they didn't do that without getting copyrights and patents at the time ?

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]http://coinmill.com/JPY_USD.html
Enter 100,000,000 and hit convertYes, the Japanese currency really has such a strange exchange rate[/citation]

Even easier-- just type something like the following into google:
100 million yen in dollars

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Some of the comments has been hilarious. Keep it up. :)
Is this a new crusade or something? I thought the zealots usually fought over Jerusalem, not cell phones.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]scottydog1969[/nom]I'm patiently waiting for Micro$oft to jump in and sue Apple into the Stoneage....Didn't M$ do a touchscreen tablet back in 2005 ? or did i imagine it ?Surely they didn't do that without getting copyrights and patents at the time ?[/citation]
I honestly think Apple is scared to upset MS, MS is basically a sleeping, docile giant when it comes to lawsuits, they don't do it much but if you get their attention or start poking them, they can and will destroy you. I don't think Apple is that stupid, even the dumbest animal has some sense of the enemy he is fighting and knows enough not to attack something too dangerous.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]Some of the comments has been hilarious. Keep it up. Is this a new crusade or something? I thought the zealots usually fought over Jerusalem, not cell phones.[/citation]

Everyone knows that Lord Jobs is the "false profit" .

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I don't trust Apple at all! First Apple comes up with these free advertisements through the police & news articles,like the ones that you read on Toms Hardware lately. Second,these law suites could be be another way of getting their message across also,because the word Apple & product is seen example:- article is read on Toms Hardware,TV news,etc. Third,it very well could be Apple who is into technology theft,but just get their patents up first & thus make themselves look inocent in the public eye.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I would like to see something to protect general designs from being patented. I just went through a trademark application for my company and there were some things we were not allowed to use as it would prevent others from being able to use it.

While Apple currently makes the most stable platform on the market, it is hard to see how preventing others from making square or thin devices that might look similar is considered a patent claim.

And to clarify, I am using a Samsung Laptop to write this and it is only less then a week old and the plastic where my wrists are is wearing down and molding to the the under frame of the laptop which has caused a deformity. Very cheap Korean technology here.!!

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]sinfulpotato[/nom]Damn Samsung, I know you are making bank off selling parts to apple, but pull the plug and watch them sequel. Maybe they will fire some lawyers.[/citation]

It would be more costly to deal with breach of contract lawsuits than pesky patent lawsuits. Not to mention Samsung profits from Apple sales and cutting that off would be foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.