Apple Takes a Swing at Microsoft's $300 Million Campaign

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deredita

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I love using Photoshop, and the fact that Photoshop is 64-bit on the Windows side only makes me want Vista 64-bit w/ 16GB of ram. I can get 16GB of DDR2 ram for $330 from Amazon, and around that price on Newegg. Throw in a 4870x2 (2GB GDDR5 memory) video card, a quad core processor, and you have a monster powerhouse of a work station on a budget. $500 for the Video, $330 for the RAM, $190 for the Q6600 CPU (or $320 for the Q9550 CPU). For me, if I am working on something that is hardware intensive, I want powerful hardware to back me up.

For me as a Photoshop user, I much rather have Vista 64-bit on a machine with at least 8GB of ram, quad core, and a decent dedicated graphics card. You can get those specs on a Dell, HP, Gateway for a little over $1K, but if you wanted that in a Mac, you would have to step up to nearly $3000+. Plus, Photoshop CS4 is only 64-bit on the Windows side, so the extra hardware of the Mac Pro would be pointless, as it is a 32-bit app on the Mac side.

computerninja7823

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
i love vista...even before the service pack i never had many problems...the only negitive i had was that i needed a new computer, but thats ok because i went from a single core system with a geforce 2 video card and one gig of ram. to a screaming dual core with a 8800gt and 4 gigs of ram

G

Apple wants people to buy computers to be hip and cool not because they are more functional. I sell laptops all day and every mac i sell is because its the cool thing to do. At first apples commercials were kind of funny but after i crashed a mac in 15 min that was just poetic justice.
Apple is just like the hot girls in high school all show lots of noise makes me feel bad about my self and actually has no soul

G

I find it funny that MAC isn't a PC. I guess MAC isn't a "Personal Computer". So if MAC isn't a PC, what is it? I guess if I am shopping for a personal computer, I shouldn't even bother looking at a MAC since it's not a PC.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
i'm a human, and i run linux on Macs and PCs

No your a geek and one of the few people who know how to use Linux with its unfriendly user interface :)

The point of the commercials is to get out to the people who don't know jack about PC's even when they have one. up until now i don't know what the point of the comercials are now LOL

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Shaidar[/nom]I find it funny that MAC isn't a PC. I guess MAC isn't a "Personal Computer". So if MAC isn't a PC, what is it? I guess if I am shopping for a personal computer, I shouldn't even bother looking at a MAC since it's not a PC.[/citation]

A Media Access Control is not a PC, it's a address that a computer uses to go online. Neither is a Magnetic Accelerator Cannon a personal computer. However a Mac is a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.