Apple Takes the Stage to Unveil New iPad and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
[citation][nom]sinfulpotato[/nom]Don't care.[/citation]

Why comment then? If you really don't care, no point in you taking comment space for those who do care. (Thumb down all you want)

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]sinfulpotato[/nom]Don't care.[/citation]
You clearly care enough to read the article and post about it. If you really didn't care, you'd have ignored the article.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
We're looking at Twitter on "a Samsung tablet" -- it's the Galaxy Tab. "It kind of looks like a​ blown-up smartphone app running on a tablet -- and that's exactly what it is!"

lol

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I clicked to read the post out of curiosity that i might care but then after reading the post, i can then say... Dont care.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]We're looking at Twitter on "a Samsung tablet" -- it's the Galaxy Tab. "It kind of looks like a​ blown-up smartphone app running on a tablet -- and that's exactly what it is!"lol[/citation]

I didn't say it, that is what Tim Cook said.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
There better be some caring, considering how poorly everyone's tablets are doing. Apple has a (little too firm) strangle hold on the tablet market, and no amount of bashing is going to make the Xoom in your hand any better.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]wasn't it supposed to be "magical"?[/citation]

I'm pretty sure they'll have "done it again" and "changed everything" :p

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]obiown77[/nom]LOL! that graphics performance chart is horse crap![/citation]

Let Anand get a hold of it and we will find out for sure. Would not surprise me if it was accurate being that the iPhone 4 has the fastest graphics right now.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
Unless Apple actually decides to try some better business practices and/or has a product with a fair price for what it can do, I don't think I'll be buying from them. Fortunately for my wallet, they probably won't do something so "revolutionary" that I have to have it and I'm not flying off to San Fransisco to find out.

Say, who knows why the iPad may have outsold any particular PC's sales? Well, it might be because there are only two or three versions of the iPad, but thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of different PCs. Also, each version of the iPad is not a product competing with the others, it is a replacement. Android tablets are often not that great except for the stuff like Amazon's Kindles, so the iPad has little direct competition too.

Many different PCs with many different specifications are not really comparable to a few iPad versions in this context. I bet if you went with the total number of PCs versus the total number of iPads, the PCs would win easily. Same if you go for laptops, but maybe not netbooks. Point is that it's not directly comparable markets right now so saying the iPad is better in this way is extremely misleading, not that Apple minds misleading people around every corner that gives them more money.

I can buy a decent PC for $500 or so. How much would a comparable Mac cost? Probably upwards of $900 to $1500, maybe more depending on the PC in question. The only way to run Mac OSX with a reasonable price tag is to build a Hackintosh and that's something that Apple isn't very supportive of. When you think about it, you can run pretty much ANY other OS without such limitations beyond not cracking proprietary operating systems. Honestly, Microsoft doesn'treally care if I'm running retail Windows on a home built machine or OEM Windows on a pre-built machine, I can do pretty much whatever I want publicly on it through examples, guides, etc, without Microsoft complaining, but if you make a guide for a Hackintosh, Apple hates you. I can also make my own computer for pretty much any other OS including Linux/Unix/BSD derivatives and more so long as the hardware will run it, no one will complain, it's ONLY Apple.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Here is a little fortune telling for ya'l. I have the win8 beta right now that M$ has designed to function on a tablet (win7 was still clunky). When a win8 tablet competitor rolls out against the Ipad2/3 you will she a large shift. Why? Because the buis market is where most the sales are and very few people are buying ipads for buisnes's. sure.. they are but they are not productive devices. when you have a full OS in your hands that can be added to your corporate domain (aka security), install M$ office Auto CAD 2012 and use it in your hand as if it were a *true* computer... bam... the business world changes. VDI is just not an option yet, Im running win7 vdi with vsphere and hyperV and no matter what is said (to say an ipad), bandwidth is still the limiting factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.