Apple Threatens Steve Jobs Doll Manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
It won't happen this time, it won't happen this time, it won't happen this time.

Well, Apple comes out with a lawsuit over something stupid again. I would've embraced it if that was me they were making, I'd have felt honored. :)

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
All they have to do is alter his appearance a little bit and then Steve is SOL, because that would fall under "freedom of speech/symbolic speech". Apple could not do anything about it except complain.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
What were they thinking? I hope they didn't invest a large amount of money into this... I don't think apple will agree to a license for this.

eyeklops

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
[citation][nom]blazeorangeman[/nom]In related news: Johnny Appleseed's descendants are being sued by Apple because they are responsible for planting actual Apples.[/citation]

I Lol'ed. But seriously, thats where corporate america is going. Look at monster cable.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Well, if they were to alter the figure away from Steve's actual likeness, it would be completely legal. Usually that's done in the doll industry by increasing the size of the head, but unfortunately for them, they portrayed Steve's big head perfectly.

ben1680

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
There can be only one Steve Jobs. Any character depiction of him is an insult to his holyness and unchallenged supremacy.

Sounds familiar??? LOL...

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
In Islam, you are not allowed to draw Mohammed as it is considered a desecration of a holy symbol in their faith.

Anyone seeing a similarity?

Status
Not open for further replies.