Apple to Pay Elan $5 Million in Multitouch Patent Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
"and Apple counter-sued in response to those allegations."

Apple is a troll even when they're the ones being sued.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Apple gets sued, agrees to settle and shares the patent. Others get sued by Apple, offers Apple settlement, gets a finger and are relieved of any rights. Obviously it is more complicated than that, but in nutshell Apple is such a b4$t4rd. Even if Apple was cheaper than competitors I would not buy it. Cheap is cheap.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
This stinks of bullying... "Say Elan, how sad would it be if we bought your whole company up, crushed it into a thousand pieces, then paid Justin Timberlake to breakdance on it?"

"Oh, how about a 5 million dollar token settlement and we will forget all about that silly patent of ours?"

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Oh and how funny is it that there are no quotes from Elan executives proclaiming "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Elan's $10 million in the bank, to right this wrong, I'm going to destroy Apple, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

Too soon? nope

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Yeah, I bet that 5M will really leave Apple hurting in the long run.

Think they can come back from a death blow like this?

Hell, Tim Cook himself probably pulled out his wallet after the verdict was announced and started throwing wads of money on the table.

"FIVE MI- HA HA OH WOW" -Tim Cook

mjello

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Good to be lawyer in this world. Wrong education I took damn... Ooo wait id have to kill myself if I had to use my life on stupidity like patent suits over square icons...

Status
Not open for further replies.