Apple Wanted to Buy Dropbox as a 'Feature'

Status
Not open for further replies.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Apple copies everyone else or buys there product like they did back in April 2010 when they purchased Siri. Now Dropbox is better than ever because is compatible on all devices such as Microsoft, Mac OS, Linux, etc. and you can send, receive, and share files, pictures, music etc. with friends and family unlike iCloud where you are limited only to share files on one account. I used Dropbox on my iPhone 4 all the time.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]I used Dropbox on my iPhone 4 all the time.[/citation]
Oh the irony.

In all seriousness though, I am a HUGE Dropbox user. If iCloud ever becomes cross-platform, has more space than Dropbox, and has similar syncing software to the Dropbox software, then I'll switch. Until then, go Dropbox.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Dropbox is great for collaboration and information exchange at least in an education setting where sharing lecture recordings and notes is sometimes needed.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
if apple had succeeded buying dropbox it would have sued amazon's and microsoft's cloud products for patent infringement right away :p
glad that didn't happen.

guru_urug

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]andme1[/nom]I was completely unaware that this service even existed, actually.[/citation]

andme1 stop spamming the same comments in diff articles.
Read this same comment in the Google Music news article

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]guru_urug[/nom]andme1 stop spamming the same comments in diff articles.Read this same comment in the Google Music news article[/citation]

It's a spam bot. Don't reply, just report it.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
According to the report, Jobs negotiated a possible deal which was rumored to have been in the $800 million neighborhood
Until they figured they could just copy the whole idea, put an "i" in front of the name and eventually patent it and sue Dropbox for stealing their idea.
Magical

G

I used to like Dropbox, but since they changed the T&C, I have "Dropped" the Box!

http://www.cloudnomy.com/dropbox-updates-terms-conditions-9/

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Leave it to apple to ruin it for everyone. I had Siri on my iphone 4, which worked great, and I got it for free... Now, after apple purchased it, it doesn't work anymore. Now if I want siri, I have to wait a few months till my upgrade, and then pay $200 to upgrade my phone.
Wish they would quit being greedy and just leave to good apps alone so "everyone" can use them.
As soon as my contract is up I'm done with all apple products. And i'm so sick of itunes!! It has to be the worst program on the planet. What a headache. I can't deal with the syncing anymore. I updated my ipad, and even though I only had certain apps checked, it installed every app I had, even the ones for my iphone on there, so I had to go back and default it to factory......
Can't even put stuff on my phone anymore, cuz it doesn't sync right. Some apps freeze half way, half the music won't go on it.... :(

I really don't get why everyone likes apple. I miss my old windows phone. Seriously so easy, you want music of a video, just drag it into a folder. Want an app, just download it. Want it backed up, just go in and copy the files... So jelous of my friends androids. Think i'm gonna just switch to windows 8 phones when they are out.

Sorry bout the rant...

Status
Not open for further replies.