Apple Will Stop Police From Cracking Your iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2018
Iphones nowadays has become everything to the masses by way of accessing most services, it literally contains you life's activity the more secure it can be the better, whether for law enforcement or thieves and other intruders. We can never be safe enough when come to putting security measures in place, for this world are full of what we may think do not exist.

Stobrawa

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Better headline: "Apple May Close Privacy Vulnerability in iPhones".

I don't like Apple. I actually think that Apple is evil, but this is the Right Thing To Do (TM).

The fact that it makes cop's jobs more difficult is the SIDE-EFFECT of producing a better, more secure, and more private product. If 90% of all iPhone users were criminals that were using iPhone security as their primary means to avoid prosecution I might have a different opinion, but as it turns out most iPhone users are good people who deserve world-class privacy and security and if that means that it makes things a little more difficult for cops then Boo Hoo, cry me a river. If this stops even one slimy lazy jackboot cop from violating someone's rights on a digital fishing expedition then it's worth every ounce, even if it also means that a savvy criminal has to get caught via some other means.

May 26, 2018
When Tim Cook mentioned "security enhancements" when they announced the new IOS, I figured they would lock the cops out of using their Grey Boxes. Good on them. With all the abuses of the 4th amendment, I want a secure phone and I am no criminal. I want to keep the criminals out; both foreign and domestic.

Jun 14, 2018
personally i dont like apple either, i use blackberry as they are supposed to be 'the' secure phones for business and personal use... i think that crooks could take advantage of apples policies, in some terrorist attacks after they eventually paid some extorsionate sum the fbi managed to get the data off the iphone and caught the crook. yay.
if apple arent going to let the highest form of security (fbi) in the world get into an iphone to try and rid the world of crooks, (good luck).then what is... ii think that apple in a special case should let the fbi get into a crooks phone.
i suppose saying that isnt going to do me much good, i'd never buy an iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.