Apple's Customer Service Still Very Good, but Slipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]lol 82 percent have to because they got heaps of paid itunes apps that they cat use on android![/citation]

no, its more that apple sells a life style, and relies on people believing having apple makes you better than others.

rflynn88

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
If I had to take a guess I would say that back when Apple was more niche and Macs were mainly used by graphic designers and such(read: intelligent human beings), tech support ratings were better because of lower call volume and the type of people calling in. Someone like a graphic designer might call in because the power supply went bad on his/her iMac and he/she isn't experienced with hardware.

Now that Macs are 'cool' and 'hip' every high school drop-out retard with a credit card goes out and buys one to make themself feel special. Then they start calling up tech support in droves for basic issues that any person with half a brain could fix by simply restarting the computer. Their lack of general intelligence leads to them becoming frustrated at thier own inability to navigae a simple automated phone system and then they leave poor ratings for tech support.

ajkritch

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
[citation][nom]stoogie[/nom]Only idiots ring customer support, and that's what Apple products are for, yes idiots![/citation]

What's a yes idiot? Let me fix that for you...

"Only idiots ring customer support, and that's what Apple products are for. Yes, idiots!"

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Actually it is not apple's fault - the problem is most apple costumers are asking Siri to call apple and take care of the problem for them - and Siri can only do so much (like the typical apple costumer).

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]rflynn88[/nom]If I had to take a guess I would say that back when Apple was more niche and Macs were mainly used by graphic designers and such(read: intelligent human beings), tech support ratings were better because of lower call volume and the type of people calling in. Someone like a graphic designer might call in because the power supply went bad on his/her iMac and he/she isn't experienced with hardware. Now that Macs are 'cool' and 'hip' every high school drop-out retard with a credit card goes out and buys one to make themself feel special. Then they start calling up tech support in droves for basic issues that any person with half a brain could fix by simply restarting the computer. Their lack of general intelligence leads to them becoming frustrated at thier own inability to navigae a simple automated phone system and then they leave poor ratings for tech support.[/citation]

And now you get to where Apple is today & the reason why there is such a huge following.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
My wife will not be part of the 82%, she's gone from loving her iPhone to almost despising it. Friend of ours just purchased a 4s and is having wifi issues.

My bionic has had its issues, but via active forums, I always seem able to fix them.

dkant1n

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
In my opinion this is because Apple product have a more restringed enviroment and therefor less factors for malfunction. Also what says the note about the accent of the tech support is important, even if the agent knows how to solve the problem perfectly and has little accent people always prefer native english speakers

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I never had much luck with Apple's service. When my nano heated up and broke(burned my leg a bit). I called them up and asked for a replacement(it was only 4 months old).

Result? "Sorry, you damaged it".

It wasn't until I walked into one of their stores and threw it on the counter that they replaced it. The reason? Other people saw it and started asking questions!

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Acer's, meanwhile, is TERRIBLE! I asked the rep what color settings I should use for 6500K color on my monitor, and they told me that they offer the user settings so the user can set it the way they like it. No you dumbass, I want to know what settings I should use for industry standard color. The rep then proceeded to tell me that I needed to send the monitor in for factory service. I told them that it's not the monitor, it's merely a little thing in the firmware. What settings should I use? The rep kept going in circles with the same answers, and eventually I gave up and told them ok fine then, I'll NEVER buy an Acer product again. Screw them... if Acer can't do any better than a clueless rep in India who barely speaks English, I won't be buying anything from them in the future.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
[citation][nom]ajkritch[/nom]What's a yes idiot? Let me fix that for you..."Only idiots ring customer support, and that's what Apple products are for. Yes, idiots!"[/citation]
Beware, Beware. We have the typo police at hand. Someones obsessed with something so miniscule. I'm just saying that, i think the people who ring customer support are idiots. I have never rang customer support and never will. Just solve the problem yourself you have the entire internet in your hands.

G

Apple's support totally sucks. If they were less concerned with selling everyone on the planet iEverything and more concerned with providing support, especially to long time power users I might not say that. In my experience (simple hard drive recall replacement that was bungled from a 1 hour on site replacement-no one at the Apple store was even aware that on site service is part of apple Care for desktop models- that turned into a 2 week down time. One mont later and 20 hours on the phone with techno idiots and now I am still going to have to take this 27" iMac back to the store since phone support not only cannot help me, they keep wasting my time having me do fixes that have nothing to do with the problem, blah, blah, blah) everyone at Apple is trained to be so polite as to make your interchange take twice as long as necessary. For instance, I don't need to have some junior level floor person keep telling me they "sense my frustration" ten times. Just friggin get me to someone who knows what the hell they're doing. Having to go through multi levels of gate keepers every time I call or go to the store WITH THE SAME UNRESOLVED ISSUE... All I can say is Samsung is looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.