Apple's iOS 8.0.2 Fixes HealthKit, Cellular Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ios8bug

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
This does not address the iOS 8 bug where it causes iPhones of all types to lose the ability to have a stable Bluetooth connection with most factory installed auto phone systems.

cgp0124

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
I'm questioning the "unwanted data charges" related to SMS/MMS text messages. I never read the details of the bug fixes on patch updates, but for some reason today, I did and I noticed the above in the list. Strangely enough, I updated my iPhone 5c and less than an hour later, Verizon started the automated text alerts for data usage warnings. I received 6 messages within 10 minutes in the following order: 75% used warning, 90% used warning, 100% used warning, back to 75%, back to 100% and then to 1GB in ADDITION to my allotted amount. So, of course, I called customer service and explained to the very nice representative that I use WiFi 99% of the time on both lines - we have a network at home, my fiancé' is retired and is home everyday and I work in a medical facility with WiFi. I asked the rep to review our data usage history for the duration of the last 12 months, showing that we have never used above 0.3GB combined! The crazy part.....the rep believed me and started working on trying to contact Tech Support for us to see if they could help. Tech had a 20+ minute wait, so the rep checked back with us about 15 minutes in to let me know she was still there and she says, "Wow, you're right! While we have been on the phone, you have now used an additional 500MB of data, which is IMPOSSIBLE while in an active cellular call. I love my Apple products, but come on!! Please do better than this!! I have now spent over 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Verizon (who is scratching their heads btw) trying to figure out a way to make this stop. Fair warning my friends, CHECK YOUR BILLS!!!

imispgh

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
It is foolish for Apple to rush patches like it rushed the original delivery. Their test program is in shambles. My guess is they have far too many non-integrated app teams. They lost the bubble on having a top down architecture and test program. They got too big, too fast and arrogance and lack of best practices are rotting the core. They are massively inefficient and plagued by size, organizational complexity and politics. Like so many others their success is their undoing. 5 guys in a garage can control poor best practice use. A behemoth cannot.

Lance Sower

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
You know it is funny. I work in IT and I have learned no matter what company it is never under any circumstances upgrade day one. There are always issues and whether it is Microsoft or Apple it is all the same they will push a half baked product out the door to user just to say they met the deadline and so the head of the company can do his little dog and pony show with their over inflated egos.

I watched the speech when the they were showing the new features and when the people all stood up to clap at the end all I could think was they are not clapping because something new and exciting was just released, No they are clapping because Apple just released that now does some of the things other vendors already offered. Then I realized that the CEO was acting like he just invented something new... what an ego.

Don't get me wrong I love my IPhone but I am kind of over the company.

Joedragman

Estimable
Sep 27, 2014
To the iLemmings of the world, thePied Piper ( Steve Jobs ) is gone and dead. The new pied Piper does not have your best interests at heart. It should be obvious that you are getting half finished products and are expected to find all the bugs for Apple.

Chrisell

Estimable
Sep 27, 2014
I think Apple screwed the pooch on this one, they were too anxious to get the new phones to the market and in doing so they have given us an unfinished product and software. Very unlike Apple, sad to say but I think Apple has been on a steady decline since the death of Steve Jobs. Tim Cook you had better take a play out of Steve's playbook and grab the bull by the horns and fix this quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.