Apple's iPhone 3GS Costs $179 to Build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Tedders[/nom]I would much rather AT&T eat the cost than me[/citation]
Oh youre surely eating the cost with that data plan...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
There certainly is a shitload of apple tax on there!
in Canada the 3Gs is selling with a 3 year contract for $299 (32 gig) no contract is $780 locked!

Im getting the 3Gs on the 11th (upgrade) and my 3g will be extra... i already got ultrasnow running on it and will be pay as you go, no data for my son. (wifi only will work)

I know thier are a lot of Apple haters here and im one of them... But jailbroken Iphone is a pretty awesome device, i love mine.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Damn...
Guess I have to either get a BlackBerry, or just steal someone else's iPhone.

=D

[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]Not much at all.[/citation]

Thank you for informing us.
I never use a priner anyways, I just use email and whatever else. However, my father likes to print off 50 pages of colour pictures at a time... it becomes quite expensive.

G

Brand New Original : iPhone 3G S 32GB For Sell
Telcel Electronics Product Prices List

Apple iPhone 3G S 32GB
Model: iphone3gs32gb
SKU: 35007270L

This is a bulk order for 10 phones. Please allow 5-10 business days for shipping. We ship directly from our warehouse.

Manufacturer: Apple
Condition: New
Shipping weight: 15 lbs

Product Description
iPhone combines three products - a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device with desktop-class email, web browsing, maps, and searching - into one small and lightweight handheld device. iPhone also introduces an entirely new user interface based on a large multi-touch display and pioneering new software, letting you control everything with just your fingers. So it ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, completely redefining what you can do on a mobile phone.

Additional Features
aGPS

Details
Dimensions (WxDxH): 62 mm x 12 mm x 116 mm
Weight: 135 g
Phone Design: Candy bar

Data
Internet Browser: Yes
Wireless Interface: Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

Battery
Battery: Lithium ion
Talk Time: Up to 600 min