Apple's iTV Still Seems a Bit Experimental

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
It is not iTV in any shape, form or fashion - that name is in use and has been for half a century - continuing to call it that is adding strength to the inevitable theft that is likely to happen, same as the Apple logo, iPhone name and iPod menu - please don't add iTV to the list

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
That will be the day a true tech user watches revolutionary television from apple. Everyone watching might be between a stump or just about to try some thing different because that shit is getting old lol

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
"Sources also told the paper that Apple has proposed ad-skipping technology. This tech may compensate networks for the skipped ads by charging users directly (via the credit card number stored in their iTunes account most likely) ".....Skip an ad and they will still charge you???? FUCK YOU CRAPPLE!

Lummex

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
@otacon72 I think what back_by_demand is saying, is that here in the UK since 1955, the name 'ITV' has been in use by a TV network. Obviously Apple can't exactly claim that people wouldn't get confused...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Lummex is spot on, but not getting confused never stopped them stealing before, the iPod menu was stolen from Creative Zen players, the iPhone stolen from a Cisco ip phone, all related. Websites like this one continuing to call it iTV allow it to sink into the psyche of the population as if they already owned the name. Stop it.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
the media companies wont survive much longer. People aren't paying 30 / month for HBO. That's a rip off. Same for showtime, cinemax, espn etc. I haven't missed a single show that I've wanted to see on premium cable in over 10 years. And I don't even own a TV.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
TV market is not profitable. Apple is a high-end brand and will only come out with 4K iTVs and even then will have minimal profit because the Asian TV brands will do all it can to undercut Apple and will sacrifice profits to do so. For Apple to be successful in the TV market it will need a serious kill app. Good thing will be that iPhones/iPads can interact with the iTV but I think it will need more than that to succeed.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
TV market is not profitable. Apple is a high-end brand and will only come out with 4K iTVs and even then will have minimal profit because the Asian TV brands will do all it can to undercut Apple and will sacrifice profits to do so. For Apple to be successful in the TV market it will need a serious kill app. Good thing will be that iPhones/iPads can interact with the iTV but I think it will need more than that to succeed.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I still think Microsoft / Google have this one in the bag. For $200 or less you can get a gaming console with tons of web tv functionality. Honestly I can watch channels like epic meal time all day and at least with YouTube, the add's are usually something I'm interested in.

There is a limit to how many panty liner and prius commercials any man should be subjected to...

fxdbfbreyh

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
Hi man~!~My Life is so lonely .How about you? Recently, I join a serious interracial singles dating site on__ MīxedSinglë. ℂoм___ I just find my true love here, so I I strongly recommend this site . You interracial dating journey is just beginning! Meet singles living in your local area or in countries around the world. The common interest will help make dating easier and more effective. If you are single, have a try.reyery

Status
Not open for further replies.