Apple's Siri Suffers Extended Service Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

One Applecare team member was quick to remind a frustrated user that Siri is still in Beta and there are kinks that need to be worked out, and that things would be in full working order once the they release the full version.

lol so does that mean you will need to pay for the full version ?

ralfthedog

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
[citation][nom]weee[/nom]One Applecare team member was quick to remind a frustrated user that Siri is still in Beta and there are kinks that need to be worked out, and that things would be in full working order once the they release the full version.lol so does that mean you will need to pay for the full version ?[/citation]

You don't pay for Siri.

G

I didn't have any problems with Siri yesterday. However, today (11/4/11) is a different story. It's been unable to get network connection for 4 1/2 hours now. None of the 'troubleshooting' seems to work ie, turning off Siri, resetting network connection, closing open apps, and rebooting. I've done it all multiple times with out any success. I hope Apple lets us know something soon, as the tech I spoke with wasn't able to tell me to try anything I hadn't already done.

G

This problem is not entirely resolved. I still cannot get SIRI to connect to the network.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Wait Apple released a Beta program and touted it as a major feature? I thought Apple only made things that "just work", you can't claim that when releasing beta software (specially when I doubt they told the buyers Siri was beta).

G

On Friday, November 4th at noon. Siri was not working for an hour or more. I use Siri all the time now. She rocks and I really notice when there is an outage.

G

It is still down and it is a premium product and not beta. Also, with cloud services available, Apple should have the capabilities to add additional resources on the fly. They just need to pick up their iPhone and say "add more resources to Siri".

Status
Not open for further replies.