Approved: Apple's 'Anti-Sexting' Software Patent

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ccobrachoppergirl[/nom]Yes, that's right, condition citizens to be censored from an early age. They'll be great subservient tools for the police state. As if they aren't already, ripped away from the family and schooled in slavery conditions to state mandated education. None of them had a vote as to whether they have to go to school or not, none of them get paid for a darn bit of work they do at school, and none of them have any free time with homework spilling into all the rest of their lives. Why let them have freedom of speach as well.[/citation]

Are you for real? Maybe you're 12.

Having been a kid, it's the easiest part of life. Sure, there are rules, and there are rules for adults too. You are better off learning them earlier than later. What you call censorship is part of what most people call civilization. There have to be limits based on situations, and there are even as adults.

Why would they get paid for doing homework? They are getting homework so they can learn, not because they are performing an act that helps someone else. It gets worse - you have to pay to do homework in college or when you take certification classes.

Here's the reality, children simply do not have the experience to make decisions that could greatly affect their lives. We should let them decide not to go to school, when they don't have the wisdom to fully understand the decision? Granted, parents don't have all the answers, but they generally have a lot more than a 10 year old kid.

Pure freedom is another word for chaos. Chaos doesn't work. We all accept limitations, and sadly, these limitations aren't imposed early enough on kids. They are far more rude, insolent and impertinent than we ever were. I see kids saying things to adults that we'd never even think of. So, sorry, kids are being too spoiled and not prepared properly for life by indifferent parents. Not the reverse.

G

This is stupid, I know the English language is decimated by todays youth but useless services like Twatter force people to use abbreviations to keep within character limits. Although restricting the length of text messages isn't much of an issue these days as it's just sent as multiple messages, it's still useful to use abbreviations and "txtspeek" to keep message costs down.

txtspeek (or whatever it's called) is constantly evolving with new variations for often inappropriate words surfacing every day. txtspeek is becoming more and more similar to 1337 speak and as it does more variations on words emerge. Good luck to Crapple in catching up with it.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Step 1. Release products with mass market appeal. Step 2. Brainwash owners of products into unthinking loyal drones. Step 3. Test control of drones by releasing inferior broken new product and watch it sell out. Step 4. Convince Drones any problem with new product is caused by them. Step 5. Convince Drones your values are their values and implement forced controls on your products. Step 6. Convice Drones to lash out at others not sharing these values; and to push your products. Step 7. Global Domination. IT HAS BEGUN!Time to stock up on Ammo and Droids![/citation]

Step 1. Release products with mass market appeal.

Yeah, I hate when companies do that.

Step 2. Brainwash owners of products into unthinking loyal drones.

By this, I assume you actually meant 'ensure that the products deliver such good customer satisfaction that you establish a good brand reputation. Again, I hate when companies do that.

Step 3. Test control of drones by releasing inferior broken new product and watch it sell out.

By 'inferior broken', I assume you are referring to the one flaw which is on the IPhone 4 which in reality affects nobody at all, doesn't prevent it working, and doesn't detract from the several other ways in which the IPhone 4 is better than pretty much every other phone available?

Step 4. Convince Drones any problem with new product is caused by them.

As bizarre as it may seem for me to back this up, this is actually true. The people who desperately tried to find the 'pressure points' on the phone to get it to lose signal are not normal users of the phone. During normal use there are no problems whatsoever.

Step 5. Convince Drones your values are their values and implement forced controls on your products.

Yeah, I'm sure all the parent 'drones' needed convincing that their children shouldn't be sexting each other. Damn companies who implement policies that all parents agree with.

Step 6. Convice Drones to lash out at others not sharing these values; and to push your products. Step 7. Global Domination. IT HAS BEGUN!Time to stock up on Ammo and Droids!

This is pretty much nonsense.

I am not an Apple fan boy, I'm not an Apple hate-boy either, I think either is pathetic. How can a grown man such as yourself, and pretty much everyone else on this forum, have such an insecure hatred for a COMPANY, pretty much based on the fact that they have an established reputation and a loyal customer following due to their past performance. ANY good company AIMS to deliver the goods to their customers on such a regular basis that they get some loyalty, to just blindly hate on a company for no logical reason is beyond pathetic, to be honest.

lost_in

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]keczapifrytki[/nom]In other news, 11 year old kids know more swear words than their clueless parents regardless of the censorship imposed on their lives.[/citation]

perhaps Apple should hire the kids to run the service ;>

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
is it just me or is patent law mainly being used to win lawsuits and has about as much common sense involved as your average game of Russian Roulette, seriously there is a patent for a "stick.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Apple Ten Commandments - already have this covered:

I am the Lord Steve Jobs, your God, who brought you out of the land of Free-gypt, out of the house of Freedom and into slavery;

Do not have any other gods before me your Lord Steve Jobs.

Thou shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in Linux, or that is on Andriod, or that is in Microsoft.

Thou shall not Jailbreak them or use any other iTune alternative; for I the Lord Steve Jobs, your God, am a greedy God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of Steve Jobs the Lord your God, for Steve Jobs the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name with a myriad of armed forces at your doorsteps.

Remember the Jobs-bath day and keep it holy.

For six days you shall labour and do all your work to line my pockets.

But the seventh day is a Jobs-bath to Steve Jobs the Lord your God; you shall not do any work except take all your money and give it to me your Lord Steve Jobs—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns – that also includes you dimwitted idiot reading this.

For in six days the Lord Steve Jobs made magical MP3 Players and Magical Touch Cell Phones, the Magical blown up iTouch call iPad, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord Steve Jobs will bless the Jobs-bath day and consecrated it with the money you lined his pockets with.

Honor your ill informed tech-illiterate friends and family who advised you to buy Apple Products because they are just magical, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord Steve Jobs, your God is giving you.

Thou shall not murder or commit suicide unless you work for me, your Lord Steve Jobs, and or you work at Foxxcon.

Thou shall not commit Sexting for there is an App for that.

Though shall not steal or forget you left Beta Devices in bars or public places. For if you do, face the wrath of A.S.S.E.S (Apple Sentinel Special Employee Squad).

Thou shall not bear false witness against your Apple Products.

Thou shall not covet your neighbor’s Andriod Phone; Thou shall not covet your neighbor’s wife’s Black Berry - or her unless you share with me Your Lord Steve Jobs, or male or female slave’s Nokia Phone, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor that is not a Apple Product.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
I never had to worry about censorship of my conversations as a kid. Then again, like most of use, we didn't have cell phones either. I can now see an irony in Apples "1984" Macintosh ad.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]alternatively don't give your 11 year old a ******* phone...*Post edited by moderator* Cool it on the language.[/citation]

How about you moderate the spam instead??

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]ccobrachoppergirl[/nom]Yes, that's right, condition citizens to be censored from an early age. They'll be great subservient tools for the police state. As if they aren't already, ripped away from the family and schooled in slavery conditions to state mandated education. None of them had a vote as to whether they have to go to school or not, none of them get paid for a darn bit of work they do at school, and none of them have any free time with homework spilling into all the rest of their lives. Why let them have freedom of speach as well.[/citation]

Cry moar!

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010

Uneducated citizens are even easier to control! That's why schools in the US don't teach how the government was REALLY supposed to work, or how the checks and balances were neutered with things like the 17th amendment.

I think we need MORE education, not less... especially for the up-and-coming generations.

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
When Apple has 10% of the market share, you would think they had a monopoly after reading the B&*Sh!t on this forum. MS has the market share and people readily defend it like it is the new kid on the block. Sad. just really really sad. Who is brainwashed? Apple fanbois or Apple hatebois?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]Uneducated citizens are even easier to control! That's why schools in the US don't teach how the government was REALLY supposed to work, or how the checks and balances were neutered with things like the 17th amendment.I think we need MORE education, not less... especially for the up-and-coming generations.[/citation]
Why?
China has done a bang-up job of turning it's citizens into well behaved ant-drones.
All the US has to do is the same thing in a Capitalist society and they get everything they want.
Bill Hicks saw this coming years ago.
Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do as we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Lekko[/nom]Considering how kids spell these days, that software is going to have to work really really hard to catch stuff.[/citation]
Let alone how entirely useless this would be to actually stop 'inappropriate' messaging even if said text message is spelled correctly. I bet everyone here can think of no less than 5 words/phrases that can be used to reference any particular lady or man-bits or their combinational actions that will get past filtering let alone |337 $p3ak1n6.

But, of course, the 'think of the children' crowd will eat this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.