Apps like daydream

Rafael_10

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
Hello guys I'm very new here do you know some apps for Android like Daydream(it doesn't seems to work on my Xperia Z1 Compact)? I want a clock to stay on my screen all the time. Thanks in advance my friends

Rafael_10

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
[@Rishabh Tatiraju]: Yes I tried it thanks for reply, but it it working only when the phone is charging

[@hang-the-9]: Yes I know but I want a clock to stay all the time on the screen, even when the phone is turned off, thanks for reply.

It's impossible for it to stay on the screen when the phone is turned off, I think you mean when the screen turns off, so basically you don't want the screen to fully turn off but to display the time. I think to do that you need that daydream function running since the apps that use it plug into that function.

Rishabh Tatiraju

Estimable
Sep 18, 2014

Long tap on the clock in the Clock application will bring a screensaver with time on pure Android versions. This can also be enabled by setting "Night mode" from the menu. Xperia might have its own modifications so this might not work.

Also, Google states on its Nexus device guide that

"Your Daydream will start after your device goes into Sleep mode, but it won't display if you shut off your screen using the power button. Once your device is charging or in a dock, let it go into Sleep mode on its own. By default, your device may only Daydream when it is docked. If you want your device to Daydream whenever it is plugged in, make sure to set "When to Daydream" as "Either" or "While charging."

So basically you have to let the device screen turn off on its own, and change the daydream settings. They're usually under Settings > Display. Xperia might have different settings or no such settings at all.