Aptio Setup Problem

Cole_7

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
I have a Asus Sonic Master and every time i boot it up it goes to Aptio Setup Utility but i cant use any of my keys my keyboard has frozen and i cant use it please help i need my laptop for an assignment thats due in a few days i really need some help.

Hi,

Chances are either the motherboard or the HDD has failed in your laptop that is causing it to get stuck on the Aptio Setup screen (BIOS). Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still get stuck on BIOS, shut down the laptop again then remove the HDD off.
- Boot up the laptop without the HDD and if it will get pass the BIOS screen and will load into a black screen with an error that means the problem is the HDD.
- Put the HDD back in and see if the laptop will get pass the Aptio screen.
- But if the laptop will still get stuck on the Aptio Setup screen without the HDD that means the problem is the motherboard.
- Do contact ASUS for a repair specially if the laptop is still under the factory warranty.