Aptio utility setup and the importance of my data

Sky2222

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015
Hello every one
I have an Asus ux32ln laptop. My problem is about the aptio setup utility page which appears everey time i turn on my laptop recently. The fact is that this page started to appear from some months ago but every time that happened i managed to get out of it by pressing f9 , f10, shutting down and pressing f4 while turning on. Unfortunately these acts do not work any more. I have to say that in the early days there was a sound coming out of my laptop then it just hanged and i had to press the power button. After thrning it on, the aptio setup utility was appearing.
I have read many of the questions concerning this issue but i just couldnt solve my problem. I am specifically worries cause i do not have backup from some of my data. I have to mention that my laptop has just hit on the floor some months ago. I will be deeply greatful if you help me what to do.
Sorry for that my english is not so well.

Solution
Hi,

The problem may be either with your HDD or the Motherboard. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying which.
- Start with the HDD, remove it from your laptop then boot it up see if you'll get pass the Aptio screen. If it does that could mean that the problem is with the HDD but put it back in then try booting it back up and test again weather it will get pass the Aptio screen.
- To determine if it's a motherboard problem, when you remove the HDD and it get's stuck at the Aptio screen still that means it's the motherboard that is faulty.
Hi,

The problem may be either with your HDD or the Motherboard. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying which.
- Start with the HDD, remove it from your laptop then boot it up see if you'll get pass the Aptio screen. If it does that could mean that the problem is with the HDD but put it back in then try booting it back up and test again weather it will get pass the Aptio screen.
- To determine if it's a motherboard problem, when you remove the HDD and it get's stuck at the Aptio screen still that means it's the motherboard that is faulty.

Solution

Sky2222

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015
Thanx alot dear Laptop_Nerd for your answer.
If the problem was the HDD, is it possible for me to have my data sound and safe?
I am deeply concerned about my data.
Thank you so much again