Are Gaming Laptops Good For Video/Photo Editing?

JeffreyOlsen

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
Hello!

I currently have a desktop PC with pretty good specs, but I would like to mobilize my setup and be able to take a computer on the go or with me when I am travelling. I would like to know if gaming laptops are good for video editing (Sony Vegas) and photo editing (Photoshop). Im definitely not an expert on computers, but I understand pretty well what all the numbers/words mean for the specs. For example, this laptop http://store.asus.com/us/item/201510AM170008064/A18486
has some pretty good specs for gaming, but would that transfer over for video and photo editing? From what I have heard, you want a fast processor, lots of RAM, and a good video card (though some say its not as important for video rendering and photo editing). Basically what I am asking is: If a gaming laptop has really good specs, will that preform well for video&photo editing as well, or is there a better option for that rather than a gaming laptop?

If anyone has any input on this, please let me know! And also if you have any other laptop suggestions for around that price im all ears!