lehighace06

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
HELP! I recently bought an Argosy HV676 set top media player on newegg. It works fine with a USB thumb drive I have, I loaded 3 or 4 movies onto it and they play fine. However, when I connected a 1 TB Caviar Black (in an external enclosure) the device has more trouble. It will power on, but as soon as I try to move the cursor with a nav. button or hit 'Play' the power-indicator light on the device goes off, the remote is non-responsive and the screen stays exactly as it was before I pressed anything. I've tried to contact Argosy directly and have looked around pretty extensively but this model does not seem to have any technical support to speak of. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm hoping to avoid the RMA process especially since the device seems to work fine with a thumb drive, but the reason I bought it was to go with the external HDD.

hd2k

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
This reply is a little late, but from what I've read, the Argosy HV676 only recognizes HD partitions up to 250gb MAX. This means you'd have to cut your 1tb drive into 4 partitions of about 230gb each (1tb actually comes out to about 930gb after parities and partition tables and whatnot). If this doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you...
GOOD LUCK!

G

The manual says that:

NTFS - 2TB
FAT32 - 2TB (Windows Vista/XP/
2000: 32GB)*
HFS+ (Mac OS) - 2TB

* The Disk Management of Windows Vista/XP/2000 can only create a FAT32 partition up to
32GB.
[source: http://www.argosyusa.com/pdf/HV676/HV676-User_Manual-v1.0_EN_Generic.pdf]