Aspire E14 Speaker Suddenly Stopped Working

theprophetessofdoom

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hey, guys!

I was using my laptop to play some music when one of the speakers suddenly stopped working. The left speaker just literally stopped mid-song.

I tried checking the mixer, and when I try to minimize the volume of the right speaker (the working one), I couldn't hear anything.

I have never dropped my laptop or gotten it wet or anything like that, so I don't know what happened. I haven't tried anything yet aside from restarting, and it still isn't working.

What do you think it is and what should I do? Thanks!

Solution
Try going into "Control Panel" and then click to open "Sound". Highlight the item in the list you need to fix and then click the "Configure" button. On this new screen just follow the prompts and see if it will get it working again.

If this does not help, you may want to try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them.

Should neither work, then your speaker is probably needing replacing. You don't have to drop a tablet for a speaker to go. It happens. Especially if the volume of the music played it to much (or close to, to much) for the speaker to handle.
Try going into "Control Panel" and then click to open "Sound". Highlight the item in the list you need to fix and then click the "Configure" button. On this new screen just follow the prompts and see if it will get it working again.

If this does not help, you may want to try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them.

Should neither work, then your speaker is probably needing replacing. You don't have to drop a tablet for a speaker to go. It happens. Especially if the volume of the music played it to much (or close to, to much) for the speaker to handle.

Solution