Aspire One 522 won't boot !

TanyaHimanen

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
Aspire One 522 won't boot. No cd drive. What to do ? How do I recover or restore or just plain get the stupid thing to boot up again ?! Please help !

Solution
So the USB flash ISO works but doesn't let you repair the system or install over the top of it?

Windows 7 Starter edition should allow you to mash the Function 8 key at startup and select Safe Mode with Networking. In there, you can fix the problem or at least rescue your personal files out to a flash drive.

TanyaHimanen

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

WINDOWS 7 STARTER. I CREATED A BOOTABLE USB FLASH AND I AM NOW ABLE TO BOOT FURTHER THAN BEFORE. (oops .. CAPS !). now i get the dancing colored logo balls, starting windows, black screen with a white mouse pointer (cursor). then it all stops, except, i am still able to move the cursor all over the screen, but left click, right click, any keystroke or combination of make absolutely no difference. alt + F10 has never worked. i still can only get this far if i continue booting to the usb stick. what in the heck ?!?!?! any ideas ? please help meeee ..... thank you ! :??::pfff:

So the USB flash ISO works but doesn't let you repair the system or install over the top of it?

Windows 7 Starter edition should allow you to mash the Function 8 key at startup and select Safe Mode with Networking. In there, you can fix the problem or at least rescue your personal files out to a flash drive.

Solution