Astonishing Amputee Cat Gets Two Bionic Feet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]RooD[/nom]i would never pay for this for an animal... i love my dog to death but i would give the money to help a human before an animal[/citation]

Nah id rather spend it on my dog any day of the week. See wouldn't your dog do the same for you if he could?

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
"I love my cat, Cujo, but she is just too much the privileged princess to be able to deal with something like this. "

What does that mean? That if your cat lost its feet in an accident, you would just have it put down, rather than give it some prosthetics?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]"I love my cat, Cujo, but she is just too much the privileged princess to be able to deal with something like this. "What does that mean? That if your cat lost its feet in an accident, you would just have it put down, rather than give it some prosthetics?[/citation]

It means she's is no where near as resilient as this cat. She can't even deal with rain (she sits in the middle of the garden rather than seeking shelter in the dog house or asking to come inside). She got spayed and didn't walk for like three days; she just sat there and cried.

Having worked with animals I've had to put dogs to sleep before. Hell, I've had to watch two of my own dogs be put to sleep. I don't advocate euthanasia but I do know it is sometimes the only option. If the animal genuinely can't overcome an illness or live a comfortable, happy life after recovery, it doesn't make sense to prolong it's discomfort or pain.

I'd love to think she'd be able to cope with something like this, but I just don't think she would. I hope to God, that if it ever happened, she'd surprise me, but she is fragile at the best of times.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Not ready to make assumptions on what this would cost but were it within my financial means... I've had cats of all various degrees of intelligence and resourcefulness from the dumb to the ones that can manage door knobs. My earliest cat memory is of Domino who crawled a quarter mile on his two front legs from a nearby farm field after having his hind legs completely crushed. May have been other lower abdominal injuries, don't remember. Our thinking taking him to the vet was that if he was so determined to live that he would crawl all the way home then we would take him the rest of the way. Back in '84, though, it just wasn't medically feasible.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]giveemwhatfor[/nom]So the Combine has stooped to injuring pets, eh? Well Gordon Freeman will give 'em what for in the next episode...[/citation]

Can't, Valve's too busy porting Portal to the PS3...Ya know, following through with their previously mentioned "Big Surprise".

G

You should not own a dog if your not willing to spend the money on something like this.

That's the problem with pet owners, they find their pets disposable unlike humans for some reason. As others have said, more animals deserve their lives on this planet than humans, they don't go around creating global warming and they often put themselves in harms way to protect us. If your not willing to do the same, don't be a pet owner. You should put your pets first, up there near your children. If you would do this for your child, you should also do this for your pet.

Makes me sick how many people out there would rather have a nice car than a healthy pet. God forbid anything happens to my pets, I WILL sell what I need to in order to take care of them, they are worth every penny and then some.

aford10

Distinguished
You should not own a dog if your not willing to spend the money on something like this.

That's the problem with pet owners, they find their pets disposable unlike humans for some reason. As others have said, more animals deserve their lives on this planet than humans, they don't go around creating global warming and they often put themselves in harms way to protect us. If your not willing to do the same, don't be a pet owner. You should put your pets first, up there near your children. If you would do this for your child, you should also do this for your pet.

Makes me sick how many people out there would rather have a nice car than a healthy pet. God forbid anything happens to my pets, I WILL sell what I need to in order to take care of them, they are worth every penny and then some.

My thoughts exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.