Asus A555L screen flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

thamjali

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
I am using an Asus A555L i3. The laptop's screen flickers when it reaches below 50% of battery, I 've tried to recover everything. I thought the problem was the drivers, but it works fine until battery goes below 50%. Please help.

Solution
Sounds like the battery is not putting out enough power then to run the display correctly. If you have the display set to use something other than the integrated graphics that could be why it is drawing more power. If that is the case you may well need to replace the battery to resolve the problem.

If the laptop is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer about a fix.
Sounds like the battery is not putting out enough power then to run the display correctly. If you have the display set to use something other than the integrated graphics that could be why it is drawing more power. If that is the case you may well need to replace the battery to resolve the problem.

If the laptop is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer about a fix.

Solution
Feb 12, 2018
I have an ASUS TP550LA and after weeks of searching the internet for an answer I have the answer. It is an inverter issue that is not converting the DC current of the battery to the proper AC current which is causing the screen to flicker under load/ cpu usage. I was thinking something was wrong with the battery only having half of the capacity, hence why it was flickering around 60% consistently and as soon as it is plugged into the wall adapter the flickering stops. I was able to pull apart my screen and separate it from the bezel and replace the old inverter which was soldered to the LCD with a new LCD screen. If this is done there is a model number on the back of the screen just search for it either on Amazon or Ebay. After purchasing the screen I was thinking that I would lose the touch screen functionality but there is a digitizer that is overlaying the screen. A sure fire way to test this theory is to hook up your laptop to an external monitor like a TV with the HDMI or another screen with the video out connection. If the external monitor isn't flickering but the laptop is then it is not the video card, driver or battery. I saw a lot of other posts talking about BIOS and drivers. These most likely aren't the cause either. Drivers load after initial boot so boot to BIOS and if the screen is flickering it is most likely the inverter. I hope this helps someone. I was going nuts looking for a solution and I tried EVERYTHING. This worked for me and as I sit here and type this on the laptops battery power my percentage is down to 33% without a single flicker and I have full brightness, phone charging and internet radio playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.