Solved! ASUS Battery Not Detected/Battery Not Charging

May 29, 2019
I have an ASUS Q304UA Laptop and recently switched the HDD for an SSD (Samsung Evo 500GB). While replacing I had to disconnect the battery. After putting in the SSD everything was fine with my computer except for the battery. It only works when the charger is plugged in and as soon as its unplugged it stops working. I've tried replacing the battery with a new one and I've tried uninstalling the ACPI Battery from the settings and restarting the laptop but nothing has worked. I either get the message "no battery detected" or "battery not charging". Is this something I can fix or is this more of a hardware issue? Any kind of help is much appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Yes it's a hardware issue, since you disconnected the battery I would suspect the cable or connections to the motherboard to have been damaged or not plugged in properly. I would not have gotten a new battery, I mean the cause and result are pretty clear, you disconnected the battery, right after that it was no longer detected. The chances the battery went bad right then is probably 50 times less likely than the fact some connection was messed up.
Yes it's a hardware issue, since you disconnected the battery I would suspect the cable or connections to the motherboard to have been damaged or not plugged in properly. I would not have gotten a new battery, I mean the cause and result are pretty clear, you disconnected the battery, right after that it was no longer detected. The chances the battery went bad right then is probably 50 times less likely than the fact some connection was messed up.

Reactions: tlaten
Solution
May 29, 2019
Yeah I bought a replacement battery on the off chance I messed with one of the battery connections and not one from the motherboard if that makes any sense. Thankyou for the notes though, I'll definitely take it somewhere to get looked at for connection issues!