asus eee pc 1000hd help

kathycyr

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm Kathy and new here. I could really use some help.
Bought a used Asus EEE Pc 1000hd on ebay a couple weeks ago. I love it, but the battery doesn't last longer than a half hour. The number on the battery is AL22-901, but I am having a terrible time finding another. I keep coming across AL23-901. Does anyone know if AL23-901 would fit?.

kathycyr

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Thank you so much.
I truly appreciate your help.

Would you happen to know why the Asus EEE PC 1000HD would be getting extremely hot underneath? It might sound like a really stupid question, but would the battery be doing that?

And lastly, the previous owner upgraded this little computer to Windows Ultimate. Should it be downgraded back to it's original OS - Win XP?
Could Win Ultimate make it work overtime?

Thanks again.

If it is getting hot around the battery area, then I would figure it is getting hot because the battery is bad (yes, that is a thing). But, if it is getting hot in an area not near the battery, I would believe that to be a result of clogged or blocked vents on the bottom. Assuming the laptop is being used on a hard flat surface, and is still getting hot once the battery is replaced, physical cleaning would seem to be in order.
I would keep the Win Ultimate? (what version?), there should be nothing going on with it that'll make the laptop run hotter

kathycyr

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Morning,

You've been such a great help. Thank you.
The area the seems to get hot is more on, what looks like, the hard drive?
It's in the center, underneath. Could that be the hard drive area?

Also, it says Windows 7 Ultimate (2009 - Service Pack 1)

:)

:)

kathycyr

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Thank you so much.
I will stick with Win 7 Ultimate then.

I was just looking at new and or replacement batteries for the asus eee pc.
I believe the one I just purchased has a 6 cell battery. I'm seeing alot of 8 cell.
Would it hurt/destroy the computer to purchase a battery with 8 cells?

kathycyr

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
C12Friedman, you have been a tremendous help and so kind & patient.
Thank you so much for your replies. I really appreciate them.
I purchased the 8 cell yesterday and will be monitoring the temps on my asus eee pc. :)