Asus K55N black screen on startup

Anival_1

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
I have an Asus K55N and it stays on a black screen when I boot it up. This all happened when I closed my laptop while a YouTube video was playing. I opened the laptop screen the following morning. The screen was working fine at this point, it prompt me to enter my password like normal and I could hear the YouTube video still playing. When I entered my password that's when my screen went black, so I turned it of by using the power button. After I turned it on it gets pass the asus logo and just stays on a black screen (backlight is on btw)

Hi,

When you boot it up does it still show the Asus splash screen? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it will boot up normally.
- Next is to test the AC adapter and see if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If there are lights on the laptop indicating it's on connect an external monitor again and see if you'll get a display.
- Also do try and reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly into each slot.
- If all these will not work the problem lies in the motherboard of your laptop.

If your laptop still shows the Asus splash screen when you turn it on:
- Try loading in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it load Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Once loaded in Safe Mode do run System Restore, restore it to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If all these will not work you last resort would be to run a complete factory reset.