Asus laptop bluetooth issue

Oct 13, 2018
so i got a new asus laptop (UX360UAK) and im having some issues with its bluetooth. And I'd like your help on this please.

When i try to pair my mouse when i got it, it worked perfectly. But after a short restart for updates, i turned it back on and saw that mouse is not workng anymore! (keep in mind that mouse is HP Z8000 and doesnt have any kind of recievers. It's paired via bluetooth for usb port efficiency).

after the restart as i said mouse didnt work, and i went to settings to see whats up. And i saw that it says 'Bluetooth function disabled' near the mouse name. I tried to pair it again and it didnt help either.

I tried to install the newest bluetooth/wifi driver ( i think version is 20.01 or something).
And i even tried to go to services and reenable the bluetooth support funtion (which WAS off but after enabling it, even that didnt fix the bluetooth issue).

And i dont have any problems with wifi, i got problems with bluetooth only. i tried all ways i know, so I'd like your help on this matter. Thanks!

and my only complaint is that i got this bloody thing JUST NOW outta box! and after just a short update restart the bluetooth turned off somehow. Oh and there's no hardware button to enable the bluetooth/wifi.

[Edited by moderator to improve readability]

Solution
I was hoping that the complete laptop model "UX360UA-BS51CB-GR" would of provided more information that I had found previously stated above, but I am sorry it has not. so aside thinking uninstall the Bluetooth driver, and manually download the one on the ASUS web site for your web site to try that I dont know any other solution.
could you provide the complete part no of your laptop please it looks like this on the label (ux360uak-ANNNNA) where A is alpha and N is numeric, the why is to precisely know the hardware you have inside your laptop thank you.

Until then I did find something under Microsoft web site refereeing to many people having this issue and relating to a driver version
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/bluetooth-not-working-on-asus-laptop/b0763368-b489-4abf-b8e3-8fc5e8dbb31d

I had the same problem in my Asus UX360, the problem seems to be in the Bluetooth driver since it (Intel Wireless Bluetooth) appears to be unknown in device manager. So I went through instructions in here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems-faq) and windows 10 failed to detect an update for the driver.

My Asus 360 has Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260, as seen in Settings->Network and Internet->Wifi->Software properties. Probably yours is the same (and if it is not so, this solution may not work). In the device manager, bluetooth driver version is 19.10.1635 but the most updated one is (again compatible with AC8260) 20.0.0 available here (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27195/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10). So following the instructions, uninstall and reinstall Intel Wireless Bluetooth and the problem is solved and the bluetooth toggle button reappears in the settings.

Oct 13, 2018
UX360UA-BS51CB-GR i believe this is the thing you want to know, or else in the box its written UX360U only, but CPU-z shows motherboard name as: UX360UAK. And this is brand new laptop btw.
*and i dont even know it chosses it as a solution because simply im asnwering the question. So if you cant reply please help!

Oct 13, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ugway051 : "bluetooth issue asus"

Yes i know i reposted it but im very sorry. im new to forums and i apologize for it.

so i got a new asus laptop (UX360UAK) (UX360UA-BS51CB-GR) and im having some issues with its bluetooth. And I'd like your help on this please.

When i try to pair my mouse when i got it, it worked perfectly. But after a short restart for updates, i turned it back on and saw that mouse is not workng anymore! (keep in mind that mouse is HP Z8000 and doesnt have any kind of recievers. It's paired via bluetooth for usb port efficiency).

after the restart as i said mouse didnt work, and i went to settings to see whats up. And i saw that it says 'Bluetooth function disabled' near the mouse name. I tried to pair it again and it didnt help either.

I tried to install the newest bluetooth/wifi driver ( i think version is 20.01 or something).
And i even tried to go to services and reenable the bluetooth support funtion (which WAS off but after enabling it, even that didnt fix the bluetooth issue).

And i dont have any problems with wifi, i got problems with bluetooth only. i tried all ways i know, so I'd like your help on this matter. Thanks!

and my only complaint is that i got this bloody thing JUST NOW outta box! and after just a short update restart the bluetooth turned off somehow. Oh and there's no hardware button to enable the bluetooth/wifi.

I was hoping that the complete laptop model "UX360UA-BS51CB-GR" would of provided more information that I had found previously stated above, but I am sorry it has not. so aside thinking uninstall the Bluetooth driver, and manually download the one on the ASUS web site for your web site to try that I dont know any other solution.

Solution
Dec 9, 2018

Dec 9, 2018
I had the same problem with an Asus ZenBook UX305CA with the Intel Duel Band Wireless AC7265.
I made no changes to my PC and hadn't installed anything in some time. Right in the middle of web browsing (I had been using my PC for a couple hours) my external mouse stopped working. I also had other Bluetooth devices paired to my PC and they all showed as installed but grayed out. Bluetooth was gone in the Action Center, gone in the Control Panel Device Manager. I did all the due diligence. uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, also the wifi card. Uninstalled Windows updates, went back to several different backup points, etc. Nothing worked.
Although it should be noted, when I first lost my mouse, I just went to reboot thinking it was just a hiccup, I noticed my shutdown choice was 'update and restart', so Windows had done updates in the background.

Then I found the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. I followed this link and installed the utility.

Success!

It scans your system for your Wifi card and tells you if it needs an updated driver, then installs it for you.

Not only did it update to the current driver, when it it said to reboot my PC to complete I saw all the Bluetooth devices reinstall. I didn't even have to pair them up again. I worked on this for the better part of an afternoon, once I found this utility, I was done 10 min later.

My WiFi card (Bluetooth 4.0) is the Intel Duel Band Wireless AC7265 and I am pretty sure your laptop uses the same.

Here is the link to download the utility. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html